You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Swift is Confusing

Isaac Elsner

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted

Yes im saying this and the help page isnt really helpful. I need help mainly when connecting when i connect it doesent really work with X plane basically can connect but when i try and change Voice channels (An example is 122.800) i can hear conversation (Yes the ATC i connected to test at the time was online) Any fixes?

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted

Update: So i think the plugin for swift may not be installing but i will check.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Isaac,

we are glad to help you. Have you installed xswiftbus correctly? You need to make sure that you are using exactly the same version number as swift. The content of the downloaded archive of xswiftbus has to be extracted into X-Plane's Plugins-folder, this should create a new subfolder \xswiftbus.

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted
Hi Isaac,

we are glad to help you. Have you installed xswiftbus correctly? You need to make sure that you are using exactly the same version number as swift. The content of the downloaded archive of xswiftbus has to be extracted into X-Plane's Plugins-folder, this should create a new subfolder \xswiftbus.

Its installed now.

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted
And does it work now as advertised? When you have a chance to test it, I'd be delighted with some feedback so we can close this case.

Breaking news!! Model matching wont work its saying its not validating with X plane and the CSL is in the Custom Data folder. i use Bluebell CSL aswell witch i get only 1802 models any fixes?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Well, it's late here now and I need to go to sleep soon. So just a short answer.

You may have to create a new model set. For this, start swift launcher. From there start the mapping tool. Select the tab "Stored own models XPlane". On the list of models, click anywhere with your RIGHT mouse button, choose Simulator --> Clear model caches --> Clear XPlane cache. Now do again right click your mouse button and select Simulator --> XPlane models. When the list is loaded there may be a few error messages, just close that window with those messages. Now select all models with CTRL-A and then add them to your own model set: right mouse button: Model Set --> Add to own model set

Now change to the tab Active model set XPlane and on the bottom right click on the blue button "save 'XPlane'".

Hopefully it will work now.

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted
Well, it's late here now and I need to go to sleep soon. So just a short answer.

You may have to create a new model set. For this, start swift launcher. From there start the mapping tool. Select the tab "Stored own models XPlane". On the list of models, click anywhere with your RIGHT mouse button, choose Simulator --> Clear model caches --> Clear XPlane cache. Now do again right click your mouse button and select Simulator --> XPlane models. When the list is loaded there may be a few error messages, just close that window with those messages. Now select all models with CTRL-A and then add them to your own model set: right mouse button: Model Set --> Add to own model set

Now change to the tab Active model set XPlane and on the bottom right click on the blue button "save 'XPlane'".

Hopefully it will work now.

It works! (Almost) 2 problems

1: AAL planes are shown as Austrian Airlines instead of American Airlines

2: How to i get planes to stick to the ground when taxing instead of floating above or being in the ground.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

1. What types of aircraft are those AALs? Maybe someone is using a type of aircraft that AAL is not using. Then swift has to guess an airline-livery with a similar color scheme to AAL, but with that type of plane.

2. when you installed the BlueBell models, did you also install the "VERTICAL OFFSETS"? This has to be done in the end of the process. So, first install the BlueBell models, then the VERTICAL OFFSET. https://dev.swift-project.org/w/help/installation/downloadbluebell/

So, if you haven't downloaded the vertical offset fix, do it now. Extract the content to your BlueBell directory, overwrite existing files.

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted
1. What types of aircraft are those AALs? Maybe someone is using a type of aircraft that AAL is not using. Then swift has to guess an airline-livery with a similar color scheme to AAL, but with that type of plane.

2. when you installed the BlueBell models, did you also install the "VERTICAL OFFSETS"? This has to be done in the end of the process. So, first install the BlueBell models, then the VERTICAL OFFSET. https://dev.swift-project.org/w/help/installation/downloadbluebell/

So, if you haven't downloaded the vertical offset fix, do it now. Extract the content to your BlueBell directory, overwrite existing files.

1: American Airlines

2: I have it but i dont know how to install them.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

1. yes, I understood that you were talking about "American Airlines". But I was trying to find out which type of aircraft was affected by that mismatch.

2. look up the directory where you have installed all the BlueBell models to. For example, I have installed them in \X-Plane 11\Custom Data\CSL\CSL\. I have a subfolder "CSL" of "CSL", because I have also installed "XCSL" in parallel to the "CSL"-directory. It looks like this:

\X-Plane 11\Custom Data\CSL\CSL

\X-Plane 11\Custom Data\CSL\XCSL

If I wanted to install the Vertical Offsets again, I'd have to extract that ZIP-file into \X-Plane 11\Custom Data\CSL\CSL\. This way all the relevant files with the name xsb_aircraft.txt would be overwritten and thus corrected.

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted
1. yes, I understood that you were talking about "American Airlines". But I was trying to find out which type of aircraft was affected by that mismatch.

2. look up the directory where you have installed all the BlueBell models to. For example, I have installed them in \X-Plane 11\Custom Data\CSL\CSL\. I have a subfolder "CSL" of "CSL", because I have also installed "XCSL" in parallel to the "CSL"-directory. It looks like this:

\X-Plane 11\Custom Data\CSL\CSL

\X-Plane 11\Custom Data\CSL\XCSL

If I wanted to install the Vertical Offsets again, I'd have to extract that ZIP-file into \X-Plane 11\Custom Data\CSL\CSL\. This way all the relevant files with the name xsb_aircraft.txt would be overwritten and thus corrected.

The B738 was affected.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Ok, BlueBell definitely contains a B738 by AAL. You may want to start swift's Mapping Tool and check on the tab "Active model set XPlane" that it has such a B738 listed.

Have you tried the other things that I have commented on? Does the vertical offset work for you now?

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted
Ok, BlueBell definitely contains a B738 by AAL. You may want to start swift's Mapping Tool and check on the tab "Active model set XPlane" that it has such a B738 listed.

Have you tried the other things that I have commented on? Does the vertical offset work for you now?

Sorry about not replying earlier i haven't gotten around to testing it but im gonna do a flight later today so i will try it then.

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted

Alright so at Warsaw it seems the offset is working but i need to check at other airports just to be sure.

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted

Well Offset doesn't work but the Forcefully disconnects are happening this wasn't happening when i used P3D.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I have no idea what you are doing, but these things are not happening to other users. The vertical offsets work for me and others worldwide, I've never had a "forceful disconnect". There maybe something wrong with your internet-connection, this may just be a timeout.

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted
I have no idea what you are doing, but these things are not happening to other users. The vertical offsets work for me and others worldwide, I've never had a "forceful disconnect". There maybe something wrong with your internet-connection, this may just be a timeout.

Fixed the forceful disconnect problems but still need help with the Model matching is there any tutorials on how to use model matching?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

The best starting point is always here: https://dev.swift-project.org/

On the top right, enter the topic that you would like to know more about. In your case enter "model matching". You will be presented with a list of help-pages that contain your words.

I guess you will have to build a new model set. It is relatively easy, just do as above and follow all the steps.

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted

The offset should work now but one last problem a LOT embraer should up as an Air france + some other aircraft showed up as different airline then what their supposed to be. How do i fix this?

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted

Yep the Offset works.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
The offset should work now but one last problem a LOT embraer should up as an Air france + some other aircraft showed up as different airline then what their supposed to be. How do i fix this?

Should? Showed? Do have the CSL-model of that airline+aircraft type installed?

In swift, while online and observing such a thing, you can go to swift's "Model"-widget and check for the callsign affected. Scroll to the right and see what the pilot is sending through his pilot client (type+airline) and what swift makes out of it. It is all there. It is not swift's mistake if somebody is flying as "Lufthansa A320", but set model set in his client is a "British Airways B747".

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted

Not what i meant but how do i fix models that show different models then what there supposed to be?