You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Multiple Windows on top of main window

David Bruce

David Bruce
Posted
Posted

Is there a fix for the new problem with individual message boxes for either a private message or com1 or unicom message hat opens when a message is received from any of those methods and then is on top of the main message window blocking the tabs. When I first stared to use this software if a message came in it would come in under the appropriate tab. The same happens when I have the navigator tab open and click radar or any other button and it opens the larger main window with the radar and a smaller radar window opens on top of it.

On the same not, is there a way to set a keystroke to have the overlayed message area that appears at the top and disappears after 5 seconds to pop back up if needed? And is there a quick way to pull up just the message tab to quickly type in a message? Coming from xsquawkbox where we just needed to hit enter and type the message and enter again to send made it easy. Just trying to make communication as easy as possible.

Roland Rossgotterer 104726
Posted
Posted

Regarding the blocking popup, I have to check. I remember others reported the same behaviour, but I'm not up to date regarding the solution. I will come back to you.

Regarding the message window in X-Plane: Yes swift registers plugin commands. You can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign hotkeys in X-Plane for the following:

"org/swift-project/xswiftbus/show_messages", "Show XSwiftBus text messages",

"org/swift-project/xswiftbus/hide_messages", "Hide XSwiftBus text messages"

"org/swift-project/xswiftbus/toggle_messages", "Toggle XSwiftBus text messages"

"org/swift-project/xswiftbus/scroll_up", "Scroll up XSwiftBus text messages"

"org/swift-project/xswiftbus/scroll_down", "Scroll down XSwiftBus text messages"

"org/swift-project/xswiftbus/scroll_top", "Scroll to top of XSwiftBus text messages"

"org/swift-project/xswiftbus/scroll_bottom", "Scroll to bottom of XSwiftBus text messages"

Let me know if any of those aren't working. There is unfortunately no way to reply back in XP. That feature has been requested and we are currently evaluating the options. However, bug reports which have priority kept us quite busy.

swift - Technical Manager

http://swift-project.org/

Klaus Basan
Posted
Posted
Is there a fix for the new problem with individual message boxes for either a private message or com1 or unicom message hat opens when a message is received from any of those methods and then is on top of the main message window blocking the tabs. When I first stared to use this software if a message came in it would come in under the appropriate tab. The same happens when I have the navigator tab open and click radar or any other button and it opens the larger main window with the radar and a smaller radar window opens on top of it.

I would like to help, but I am not exactly getting the issue, would you be able to provide a screenshot in our discord channel. Easier to help there. See http://swift-project.org -> Discord Support

You can entirely disable the overlay messages, or you can disable the focus starting with version 092, see https://dev.swift-project.org/w/help/spc/textmsg/ However, would be interested to see what is blocked by what.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I think he meant the fact that you need to actively close those pop-up windows instead of just selecting the Text/Chat-widget that could close all those pop-up windows, because you are now in the correct widget to read all those messages.

David Bruce
Posted
Posted

Those commands to show the text window on/off work just fine. I am wondering if there was a way to toggle the text window where you type a message on vatsim with a keystroke or button press? Besides using the Gui or navigator?

Also any way to rotate camera while following another plane?

Thanks for your help.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
David Bruce
Posted
Posted

Great, Thanks!