You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model Validation Failure

John Wiesenfeld

John Wiesenfeld
Posted
Posted

First, congrats to the Swift team for getting to this point. To those of us who are well versed in FORTRAN 66 and nothing else, it remains a miracle that anything so complex can be accomplished by the human mind.

Second, I do have the communications piece of Swift working correctly, although I'm finding the GUI remarkably unwieldy, e.g., it's hard enough to fly and communicate, but there's a lot of clicking going on here, but no doubt that will improve over time as I become more used to this product.

Where I'm totally stumped is in building the model set for X-Plane. I have been using the BlueBell models set and have followed the instructions provided in a previous posting

You may have to create a new model set. For this, start swift launcher. From there start the mapping tool. Select the tab "Stored own models XPlane". On the list of models, click anywhere with your RIGHT mouse button, choose Simulator --> Clear model caches --> Clear XPlane cache. Now do again right click your mouse button and select Simulator --> XPlane models. When the list is loaded there may be a few error messages, just close that window with those messages. Now select all models with CTRL-A and then add them to your own model set: right mouse button: Model Set --> Add to own model set

I save the model set and get a confirmation message display. That all seems to work and I get an active model set of 1796, but when I run a model verification immediately thereafter, I get the following errors for the first 25 or so entries

'BB_AIRBUS A306 A306_AAW (12838)', file 'F:/X-Plane 11/CSL/BB_Airbus/BB_Airbus/A306/A306_AAW.obj' not existing

This is odd because Swift just created and saved the model set a minute earlier and, indeed, that .obj file (and all the others) actually do exist in that directory.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here, but don't know what......

Best wishes and many thanks.

John Wiesenfeld

ZNY - C1

FAA IFR/SEL in a galaxy long ago and far away

John Wiesenfeld
Posted
Posted

FOLLOWUP

So now I'm really confused. When I'm in the mapping tool and do a SELECT ALL on the Active Model Set, I get the errors as noted above. Just for fun, I connected to XP at an airport with some traffic. Those aircraft were depicted correctly in the sim, but the mapping validation failed.

PS Should I be bringing this up in the Discord server rather than here?

John Wiesenfeld

ZNY - C1

John Wiesenfeld
Posted
Posted

Problem solved on Discord.

Apparently I incorrectly applied the altitude offset data to the Airbus models and this was messing with the way the airbus models were being interpreted.

Many thanks.

John Wiesenfeld

ZNY - C1

• 2 months later...
Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Interesting. If I read this correctly are you saying to NOT install Vert Offsets for BB Airbus models?

Cheers Dan

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Yes, you need to install the Vertical Offsets (as mentioned in the other thread). But you need to extract the respective zip-file into the directory where all BB-folders are stored, not directly inside BB_Airbus, for example. The only thing that this process should do is overwrite all xsb_aircraft.txt files in all BB-subfolders. This will add/correct all the VERT OFFSETS.

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Would be a whole lot easier if the setup was same as good old FSInn where one only had alter the appearance of other multiplayer aircraft without the other multiplayer having to do the same. Anyway that is not going to happen so one will just have to learn all the intricacies involved with CSL files. Fully understand that this is not a Swift problem as it happens same in SBX.