You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

deaf pilot

Keith Reffell 1441678

Keith Reffell 1441678
Posted
Posted

Hi, I am partially deaf and have loged in as an observer but cannot make out any of the conversations. Would it be ok to just use the command line.

Also, would it be possible for someone in atc ground / tower talk me through my first attempt?

Thanks,

Keith

Robert Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi, I am partially deaf and have loged in as an observer but cannot make out any of the conversations. Would it be ok to just use the command line.

Also, would it be possible for someone in atc ground / tower talk me through my first attempt?

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith I am not a member of the vatsim team but you can file as text talk and receive only I think? Bob

Keith Reffell 1441678
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bob, I managed to have my first vatsim flight out of Sydney. The controller was very helpful which made a big difference. Does VPilot have an option to print / save private messages? Their was lots of information on it which i would like to keep to absorb.

Regards,

Keith

Kenneth Haught
Posted
Posted

Only basic copy/paste unfortunately, however most of it was likely information contained in our Pilot Resource Centre. Take a look there, and if you'd like to learn a little further you can always get help through one of the many Authorized Training Organizations that provide pilot training!

Welcome to VATSIM!

Anchorage Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Senior Supervisor (Team 1)

Have a question or concern? Email me at [email protected].

Keith Reffell 1441678
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the link Kenneth, I have had 2 flights now and used the private chat to explain my circomestances - so far every one has been very accommodating. Gradually building up my confidence.

Cheers,

Keith