You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Middle Eastern AF in Vatsim SO

William Reid 838240

William Reid 838240
Posted
Posted

Can i have peoples idea of which virtual air force in the middle east you would like to start up, i quite like to get a Virtual UAE AF up and running if your keen let me know please.

thanks

Anas Toumi 922910
Posted
Posted

Virtual Emirates Air Force is good

Good Luck,

Anas

VATBAH

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted

I am probably missing the boat here..

Whats the point in having a virtual Air Force? ANY virtual airforce...

the whole point of an airforce is to defend a country and preform strikes into enemy territory.

How would a Virtual Airforce fit in with VATSIM?

Sure, I can understand if virtual airforces get together in multiplayer games and "combat" with each other...

but how does it fit in with vatsim, a Peaceful orginization?

William Reid 838240
Posted
Posted

have a look at vatsim special operations group, its where people join together and exercise together in mock combat, even the real world airforces do that.

Alexandre Geahel 932157
Posted
Posted

I'd also suggest Virtual Emirates Air Force aswell, nice birds.

Ben, I understand your point of view but Air Force are more for peace then war. What if William told you his Virtual Air Force would do group flights; recon missions, virtual rescue missions, presidentional movements and such?

We all see allot of IAF or USAF on Vatsim so why not a UAEAF

Anthony Underwood 935584
Posted
Posted

There is a vIAF? Got a link?

banner_Red_Fleet03.jpg

Alexandre Geahel 932157
Posted
Posted

Anthony, I never said there was a link, a roster or any particular members. Only we see some people using that callsign just like USAF. My point is to show Air Force on Vatsim has a place; many "operations" may be performed other then "military or war..."

Alex.

Anthony Underwood 935584
Posted
Posted

Alex,

As a member of a VSOA group I 100% agree. I think it is a good idea and might even join it. I have spent much time in the Middle East and find it to be my fav. part of the world. VSOA groups do much more than war, we can't do that here on VATSIM anyway. What you do is train, have exercises and when possible fly with another VSOA group.

banner_Red_Fleet03.jpg

William Reid 838240
Posted
Posted

Cool, so everyone aggrees, Virtual UAE Air Force will be started, i will start working on a temp website right now. Thanks for the Support guys and your opinions.

Anthony Underwood 935584
Posted
Posted

William you might want to read the VSOA rules first and see what all there is to it.

banner_Red_Fleet03.jpg

Alexandre Geahel 932157
Posted
Posted
Alex,

As a member of a VSOA group I 100% agree. I think it is a good idea and might even join it. I have spent much time in the Middle East and find it to be my fav. part of the world. VSOA groups do much more than war, we can't do that here on VATSIM anyway. What you do is train, have exercises and when possible fly with another VSOA group.

William, you have my support for this developpement If you need any help you know where to get me.