You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Creating my own sector files.

bryan Linden 1356469

bryan Linden 1356469
Posted
Posted

Dear people,

I'm trying to make my own sector files for euroscope. But I walk against a few issues.

I build a layout within google earth pro. Then I save it as a .KMZ file and transfer it to a .SCT file.

When I load it into euroscope I can't find it and it won't load the file.

ANy suggestion on what I miss and a more detailed tutorial on how to make sector files for Tower, App, and Center?

Regards Bryan

Richard Quigley
Posted
Posted

I would suggest that you contact your Division's Director of Operations or Sector Engineer. You must be a member of a Region and a Division and the staff of that division will be responsible for producing sector file for that division.

To avoid duplication and to maintain high standards the creation of sector files is usually restricted to Division staff. Your division may, or may not, allow non-controllers to download sector files.

I would respectfully suggest that you enroll yourself in your divisions ATC training program. We can always use another controller!

Quig, C3, P1, VATPAC, CZQM (inact), CZQX (ret).

4200+ hrs of "Chaos, Panic & Disorder in your virtual skies!"

0.png

• 2 years later...
Kenzo Tayko
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2019 at 11:01 PM, bryan Linden 1356469 said:

Dear people,

I'm trying to make my own sector files for euroscope. But I walk against a few issues.

I build a layout within google earth pro. Then I save it as a .KMZ file and transfer it to a .SCT file.

When I load it into euroscope I can't find it and it won't load the file.

ANy suggestion on what I miss and a more detailed tutorial on how to make sector files for Tower, App, and Center?

Regards Bryan

Hi Bryan! 

There might be some underlying problems that are causing the issue. It could be the provider's or the client's setup. For instance, our vACC  collaborates with AeroNav GNG on sector-file development. To be honest, creating, translating, and importing sector files is indeed not simple. It takes a lot of patience and effort to come up with one. Moreover, the production and maintenance of such records must be with the consent and instruction of your vACC Director or anybody with authority over that, and I recommend informing them before proceeding. I appreciate you taking the initiative on this.

Best of Luck

Edited by MIGUEL TAYKO

KENZO MIGUEL TAYKO
ACCPHL7 |
vACC Philippines, Manager - Facilities 
📧 
| [email protected]                                         

edva.png.58cfba478da6ace0d939548a89255cbf.png            fb.png.bbfd24ca74fd1d62a9bde75d650459fe.png             ig.png.51b9f7523c04e7be57759be499e123bf.png            1310810341_NewProject.png.3fcb043b03bb94923323500468e31bec.png

VATPHIL | The Philippines vACC is not affiliated with the CAAP, the actual Philippines ACC, or any governing aviation body. All content contained herein is approved only for use on the VATSIM network.