You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Pilot training with Xplane 11

Ryan Arthur 991061

Ryan Arthur 991061
Posted
Posted

Afternoon everyone,

Are there any organisations who can offer P2-P4 training/certification using Xplane? I'm fully VR unfortunately but would be willing to stream sessions to a mentor if required in order to make it happen.

The handful I've already tried either have quite extreme waiting lists or don't support Xplane at all in their training programmes.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

At VATSTAR (http://www.vatstar.com) we provide full P1 through P5 certification for all the supported sims (FS9, FSX, P3D and XP). One issue you may have is to send and receive text on Unicom which is required when arriving/departing uncontrolled airfields. There are lots of slots available for training but since we are a US/Canada based training organization, most of those slots (but not all) would be during North American prime time.

Feel free to check us out! (I noticed that you already are a member with VATSTAR - feel free to reach out to me directly if you feel that we do not meet your needs...)

Tomas Hansson

Ryan Arthur 991061
Posted
Posted

Hi Tomas,

Yes indeed I signed up yesterday! I might be able to get up at crazy-o'clock AM on a weekend if necessary, but I'll see where we might be able to overlap.

There are ways of bringing Windows windows into VR so the text side may be doable, it's just slow and comebersome. The VR setup was a trade with the good lady wife in exchange for the space my simulator desk was taking up but I'm stuck with it now.. That said, its still amazing and I love the depth and immersion.

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
David Gresens
Posted
Posted

Thomas,

I have applied to VATSTAR, completed the exam and have been waiting several weeks for communication/approval. Can you please advise as to next steps on your network?

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted
Thomas,

I have applied to VATSTAR, completed the exam and have been waiting several weeks for communication/approval. Can you please advise as to next steps on your network?

Hi David,

You are not in our system so you would not have been able to complete any exams. Are you sure that you signed up with us and not another ATO? Feel free to contact me directly: cfi-at-vatstar-dot-com or join our Discord server.

Tomas Hansson