You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM Code of Conduct Revision July 2019 Questions

Matthew Bartels

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Please post your questions and requests for clarification here and a member of the supervisor department will respond to it.

Note, this is not a place to debate parts of the Code of Conduct, only a place to receive clarification should something be confusing.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Given the privacy provisions in force in the various jurisdictions in which our Network operates; does the board (through the Code of Conduct) allow re-broadcast, recording of my interactions with other pilots and/or atc? In my part of the world it is illegal to record/reproduce any conversation recorded without all participants permission. I don’t believe any of us have agreed to transmission of data or voice onto external media.

To put is simply, how does the board see a Controller using ‘twitch’ like services while providing services on the network?

• Like 1

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted
Given the privacy provisions in force in the various jurisdictions in which our Network operates; does the board (through the Code of Conduct) allow re-broadcast, recording of my interactions with other pilots and/or atc? In my part of the world it is illegal to record/reproduce any conversation recorded without all participants permission. I don’t believe any of us have agreed to transmission of data or voice onto external media.

To put is simply, how does the board see a Controller using ‘twitch’ like services while providing services on the network?

My understanding is that by connecting to the network you agree to the CoC which grants rebroadcasting your interactions with other network participants.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Frank Grivel
Posted
Posted

Will this be emailed to all existing members (insofar as people opt in to those mails)? I know I would prefer a heads up in this situation, seeing as I'm not on these forums that often.

Len Vasilev
Posted
Posted

hi everyone,

I like the new CoC ruling respective the login info ,

now I'm allowed to use only my first name instead of

the full version;

I saw some people using just their VATSIM-ID (as is permitted with the new CoC)

which to me seems like a good idea too; however if you do that you end up having the ID

displayed on 2 different fields :

so my question is,

since we have to log-in with our VATSIM-ID anyways ,

is it allowed to use the name column for writing out the callsign ?

eg:

AFR348 AIRFRANCE LFPG Paris Charles De Gaule- CYUL Montreal Trudeau

DLH470 LUFTHANSA EDDF Frankfurt - CYYZ Toronto Pearson

BAW18A SPEEDBIRD KJFK New York JFK - EGLL London Hethrow

this way,you would avoid using the ID 2 times and advise the controllers of the

callsign ...

https://imgur.com/t4X96zd

https://imgur.com/uT3emCh

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Under the current rules, no. Most folks who feel the need to spell out their callsign do so in the flight plan remarks field.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Nick Warren
Posted
Posted

I have disagreements about the changes to B5 (Unicom), however that would be debating the CoC as opposed to asking questions. I do have a question regarding C7 (Simultaneous Connections) though. Has there been consideration to allow a greater number of connections so that a terminal or enroute controller can facilitate more than one ATIS? Additionally, and not a priority, so that a controller can prime up additional frequencies. Thank you.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Nick,

Hold fire on your thoughts about multiple ATIS and band boxing.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted
3bd.gif

Me.

• 1 month later...
Joshua Williams 1360924
Posted
Posted

Reviving the thread lol.

My question is about the ATIS. I see that S1 (ground and delivery) can now put up an ATIS. My question is technically ground and delivery don't own the runway so how can they choose the runways? Couldn't I technically still choose which runway I want to use?

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

If there's a GND position on and they've selected a runway but you wish to change this as a top down controller, then I'd say this was acceptable after all you are the runway owner.

Trevor Hannant

• Gunnar Lindahl unpinned this topic