You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot unable to TX

Jonas Scholz

Jonas Scholz
Posted
Posted

Hey,

out of nowhere i cannot transmit anymore. The symptoms can be compared to the following topics, however their solutions didnt work for me.

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=75752

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=75568

I am running both, P3D and vPilot as admin, tried vPilot 2.2 and for testing purposes even 2.3 from the beta channel. Listening to frequencies is no issue at all, pressing the PTT with no active voice channel results in the expected warning sound.

Any hints and further ideas are truly appreciated.

kind regards

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Hi Jonas

Make sure the aircraft battery is turned on. Yes your engines might be running etc but is your aircraft battery turned on?

If this is an addon plane have you tried with a default plane and if so what were your results?

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Jonas Scholz
Posted
Posted

Hey Norman,

thanks for your reply! I tried add-on and default planes, without any success. Also a a default plane with the default (takeoff state) state doesnt work...

kind regards

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Just checking -- you've tried rebooting your computer? Sometimes updates get pushed that mess things up a bit until a reboot.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Jonas Scholz
Posted
Posted

Hey Don,

the problem exists since a few weeks, so yes, i rebooted the pc in the meantime and even unplugged the joystick etc.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I'm nearly stumped. Have you turned off all antivirus and firewall and tried again? If you say yes with no change, the only other thing I can think of is perhaps trying to undo a Windows update and see if that helps. Maybe try to find a restore point from before you had the issue.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Jonas Scholz
Posted
Posted

Will try firewall and av, however i didnt change anything there so i hardly suspect that being the issue.

Its a shame that i dont recall when that problem occured for the very first time...

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Push to talk is recognized when you try to transmit on a non-active voice channel -- what exactly happens when you transmit on an active one? Does the TX light activate at all? It almost sounds like a mic problem to me -- have you confirmed your mic is selected in the audio settings, & that it works in other applications?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Jonas Scholz
Posted
Posted

Hey Robert,

thanks for your reply. No, the TX light does not light up when i try to transmit on an active frequency. I selected the correct audio settings in vPilot. The mic works fine with other applications like Skype or Discord.

kind regards

Matt Clary 1243153
Posted
Posted

I went through something similar. See if this thread helps.

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=78882