You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

P3D V4 Model Matching

Imran Khan 1421660

Imran Khan 1421660
Posted
Posted

Hi,

VPilot is asking me to enter a default model for p3d v4 even though i dont have p3d ( i am using fsx).

Can someone please help me?

Thanks!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Did you ever have p3d installed? Or any sort of utility that tricks add-ons into thinking you have p3d installed?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 4 weeks later...
Henrik Roe 1113810
Posted
Posted

Hi, I am having issues with model matching as well. I have run P3D v3 before, uinstalled it and now running P3D v4. I am not able to make any changes to my vPilot settings due to P3D model matching failure default airframe error. I am not even able to Select server or enter my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. P3D v4 model matching is ok.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Henrik, it must be that the P3D v3 registry entries and installation folder still exist. You could try manually deleting the installation folder. (Or just rename it if you don't want to delete it.) That should make vPilot think it is no longer installed.

Conny Eklund 1285366
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem! But it says I have FSX and P3D. But I only have P3D, and so I cannot connect to any server, no matter what model I choose!

Please help since I not able to fly online at all!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Conny, can you post a screenshot of your settings window, with the FSX model matching tab expanded in the left side?

Conny Eklund 1285366
Posted
Posted

Ueuv1hs.jpg

ym0ygcM.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I asked for a screenshot showing the FSX tab expanded on the left side. Can you post that? Specifically, it would be helpful to see the list of folders on the "Advanced" sub-tab under FSX.

Also, how many models does it say it found and identified for FSX?