You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Facing Audio issue (unable to hear atc after a while)

Hardik Ramnani 1351523

Hardik Ramnani 1351523
Posted
Posted

So I know this issue has been addressed long ago, but I just switched to vatsim after years again thinking that such issue might have been fixed but unfortunately nope. I am still facing this issue where if i don't transmit on freq I can hear atc after a few seconds p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] by an sometimes I end up cutting someone else's transmission which makes me feel really bad thus I switched to text instead, but I need some sorta solution to fix this issue, I have read the forums and tried Port-forwarding but my ISP does not support port forwarding at the moment since my ISP is testing it's high speed network. so I have run out of solutions, I have also excluded windows firewall/antivirus as well from v pilot's entire folder and the app itself but no luck..would installing swift client fix this issue? i Much prefer v pilot over swift still.

Regards

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Why does the fact that your ISP is testing a new network prevent you from doing port forwarding?

Note that port forwarding will no longer be required once we are finished rolling out the new voice system, which is currently in beta testing.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Hardik Ramnani 1351523
Posted
Posted

My ISP has disabled port forwarding from their side, I can enter in the port forwarding values but no change will occur,

When is the new codec expected?

Fernando Acuna
Posted
Posted

Hello! I'm pretty much having this issue too, and the fix to it is basically the new codec, if the new one does not need post forwarding. Are there any ways to fix it?