You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AVC Playback

Marc Wheeler

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

I am having an issue with AVC where 95% of the playback is choppy or breaking up. I have searched these forms and tried various solutions such as changing play back to from Direct to Wave, etc. Also this breakup only happens with AVC, and local play back on my PC works fine.

I have no issues connecting to the AVC server just bad playback. This issue happens both with AVC directly & roger wilco.

I have a PIV 3.2 Ghz, w/ 1024 MB of RAM & a Sound Max sound card. All un-needed services and applications are closed prior to running FS and AVC, so there are a lot of ressources available.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Marc

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Hello Marc,

usually switching from DirectSound to Wave cujres the problem for almost all users. The only other thing I could think of are either outdated sound drivers or some kind of hardware misconfiguration. The latter unfortunately is hard to detect from the distance.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

The drivers are up to date with the latest and the hardware is good. One thing I noticed is that if I click Q to turn off the FS sound then it comes in clearly. Does this mean anything to you?

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> so there are a lot of ressources available.

> turn off the FS sound then it comes in clearly.

However it can be a ressource lack in the sound performance. Try FS -> Settings -> Sound -> Sound quality = low.

Hm. Someone more having problem with SoundMax.

See all topic http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=122&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=896e91a75738ed9cccc57d03aa13fd46

Mayby you get a new sound-board.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Christopher Serio 823884
Posted
Posted

Marc,

Martin is absolutely correct. Switch your sound output device from a DirectSound device to a Wave device. This is done in the AVC Audio Setup tab.

Chris Serio

AVC Developer

Christopher Serio,

Developer XTower/AVC/XSB/ACSim (Sweatbox)

667.png

Gavin Barbara 916312
Posted
Posted

Yep, changing to WAVE did it for me.

3.png

• 3 weeks later...
Carl-Johan Hugo 824701
Posted
Posted
Marc,

Martin is absolutely correct. Switch your sound output device from a DirectSound device to a Wave device. This is done in the AVC Audio Setup tab.

Chris Serio

AVC Developer

I think this is a quite big issue. Solved my problems to with an onboard C-Media AC97 chip( On many ASUS motherboards). Maybe this solution should be posted on your FAQ page , Chris

Cheers

Carl-Johan