You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Applications Open - Gander Oceanic Instructor

Bailey Brown

Bailey Brown
Posted
Posted

Good day everyone!

With an ever-increasing demand for Gander Oceanic Endorsements, we are Gander Oceanic and seeking a few more instructors. Gander Oceanic is seeking outstanding individuals within the VATSIM community to support this ever-growing Oceanic community. We are seeking individuals with previous or current experience as either an Instructor or Mentor within your home Division/vACC. With the addition of the prerequisites below, we would love to hear from you.

Please Note: This Position does not require an I1/I3 Rating to be considered for the role.

Position:

Gander Oceanic Instructor

Reports To:

Chief Instructor, Gander Oceanic (ZQO3)

Responsible For:

The training of new Gander Oceanic Applicants throughout theory and practical [Mod - Happy Thoughts]essments.

Minimum Requirements:

• Be a member in good standings with VATCAN for a minimum of 6 months at the time of your application.
  • Be a member in good standings with your local Division/vACC for a minimum of 6 months at the time of your application.
  • Be a qualified Gander Controller for a minimum of 1 Month (30 Days.)
  • Have at least 20hrs of experience on Gander/Shanwick Positions.
  • Be able to work effectively and cooperatively in a small team environment.
  • Be willing to dedicate 2 hours to the FIR each week for student training.
  • Have a thorough understanding of the VATCAN & VATUK Oceanic Control Sheet found at czqo.vatcan.ca/publications
  • Maintains a regular online presence. 

Preferable but not required:
  • Bi-lingual or Language Other Than English (LOTE)
  • I1, I3, Mentor experience

Application Process:

Applications who meet the above criteria should send an email to Bailey Brown via [email protected] including the following

• Any experience you have as a Mentor/Instructor
  • Any other details you believe will [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist in your application
  • Continental Location & GMT Timezone.

Applications for the Position of Gander Oceanic Instructor will close on the 17th of September 2019 @ 2359z - Late applications will NOT be accepted.

Bailey Brown

Acting Chief Instructor, Gander Oceanic FIR (A/ZQO3)

Bailey Brown
Head of IT Services | Asia Pacific Region
[email protected]
www.vat-apac.com

VATSIM_APAC_Logo_2000px.thumb.png.1c3309f706678a2715f094e6149b9784.png

PMDG_Banner_747_Pilot.jpg.e42f15ed1f411496ac3ab49753a8f05f.jpg

PMDG_Banner_777_Pilot.jpg.18c9b04cf2068c01c35f2ddec1e029bf.jpg