You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

macOS Catalina - Sidecar

Marco Corradi

Marco Corradi
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I am iMac'user and I was wondering if somebody has already an idea or had the chance to try the beta version of the forthcoming macOS Catalina with the new option "Sidecar" and a iPad.

I have a iPad pro 12,9" and a iMac Desktop where I fly with XP11. Having only one screen SWIFT was not very useful for me.

What I would like to ask you, can it possible to switch SWIFT to the iPad using it like a second monitor?

Many thanks for any reply.

saluti from Marco Corradi

• 1 month later...
Tommi Karkkainen 1322309
Posted
Posted
Hi,

I am iMac'user and I was wondering if somebody has already an idea or had the chance to try the beta version of the forthcoming macOS Catalina with the new option "Sidecar" and a iPad.

I have a iPad pro 12,9" and a iMac Desktop where I fly with XP11. Having only one screen SWIFT was not very useful for me.

What I would like to ask you, can it possible to switch SWIFT to the iPad using it like a second monitor?

Many thanks for any reply.

I haven't updated to Catalina on my home machine yet, so I haven't tested this with XP11 and Swift. But based on my quick tests at work, I'd say this should work just fine. Swift is an application window just like any other, and the Sidecar display is a display just like any other. You should be able to drag Swift to the iPad screen. When you need to do something on that screen, just push the mouse pointer there. Vattastic, charts, etc. would also make sense on the iPad screen as well.