You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Broadcasting on UNICOM

David Franklin

David Franklin
Posted
Posted

Curious as to text chat while in flight for like UNICOM on VATSIM without having to minimize flightsim. Use the FS9 chat window?

David Franklin NBL4638G

Americas HUB - KDFW Dallas/Ft. Worth 

NobleSignature.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

I've never used swift but with vPilot you can select under options "always on top" so you can keep it open and not have to minimize your sim; I'm going to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume it's similar (i'm also [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you only have the one monitor and haven't dragged the client to the 2nd...).

You can't use the sim chat/ATC as it's not linked to the network.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Yes, on swift you can also do that. On swiftGUI, on the top open the menu "Window" and then select "Toggle stay on top". You can also "float" individual widgets (e.g. Text/Chat) and then, with a right-click to access the context-menu, make it stay on top.

David Franklin
Posted
Posted

I ended up using a spare monitor I had around. Just cost me about $30 to get a new power cord and cable. Had to change fs9 back to windows mode and have SWIFT and other sim stuff on the 2nd monitor. I did figure out messaging on UNICOM.....lol. Thanks folks!

David Franklin NBL4638G

Americas HUB - KDFW Dallas/Ft. Worth 

NobleSignature.jpg

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

You'll be WAAAAAY happier with the second monitor. Even if it's a [Mod - lovely stuff]py square old one. You can put up charts, checklists, ATC client (obviously), VatSpy… Netflix for those longer flights.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Broadcasting via Swift in-sim, just like XSB works will probably come sometime in the future. I spoke to one of the devs not too long ago, they have just not come around to it yet...

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new