You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Multiple airport transit route

Daniel Morris 1132365

Daniel Morris 1132365
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

A bit of a weird one maybe but, say for example I want to fly from A-B-C-D but only doing a touch and go, or a low approach - go around at B and C:

1. How do i best communicate this on my flight plan

2. How does this work with SIDs? am i given one before i touch down at B/C? am I given vectors? or do I execute missed app proc (even on a touch and go) (expecting this answer to be a variable from airport to airport but guidance is welcome)

2. Should i pre-note controllers with my intentions as good practice?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Martin Tornberg
Posted
Posted

I would use STAYINFO in the flightplan.

For example, let’s say you want to fly from ESSA to ENGM but do a touch and go at ESOW. The flightplan could look like this:

ARS STAY01/0030 ARS N623 ESEBA

In remarks you add STAYINFO01/TOUCH AND GO AT ESOW

I wrote this during my coffee break at work so a bit rushed. But hopefully it make some sense.

For more information avout the use of STAY indicators you can see here at section 6: https://aro.lfv.se/Editorial/View/2840/ES_ENR_1_10_en

It is from the Swedish AIP but it still works worldwide since it is ICAO format.

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

As Martin says, just note it.

From RL IFR training and recurrency here in Canada you would/could do a round trip eg:

Dep: CYVR Dest: CYVR Route: WC XX CYXX HUH V23 YVR

RMK: circling missed approach CYXX, then hold at HUH

Usually the clearance controller will confirm your intentions, and often the approach controller will do the same. Sometimes we'll even note that we are simulating engine failure out of circling missed so they anticipate the reduced performance.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Daniel Morris 1132365
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the input chaps!

I'll post up here if I find any more recommendations for anybody else reading wanting to know