You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FS9 - Initial set-up successful - Subsequent attempts UGH!

H. R. Martin Phills 815446

H. R. Martin Phills 815446
Posted
Posted

Hi Swift Masters.

I'm running FS9. I am using the Swift stand alone GUI. My initial set-up for Swift was successful: Swift was communicating with FS9 properly and displaying model matches, my own aircraft model and my global coordinates correctly. Problems arise when I want to use swift again after disconnecting from the first attempt after a clean install:

1) Swift does not exit properly even after the exit prompt and FS9 closes. I have to go into task manager to end the background process for the swift gui (stand alone)

2) After a computer reboot and restart of FS9, swift no longer communicates with FS9 properly. It no longer recognizes my aircraft after a manual connection via multi-player and it gives my location as somewhere in Germany rather than let's say CYYZ (Toronto) or TTPP (Port of Spain). If I enter my AC details manually, it still gives me a red window around my model string and if it does allow a connection, it still puts me in Germany instead of the coordinates displayed in FS9.

I uninstalled swift, did a clean reinstall of swift and repeated the process as outline above: The 1st running is perfect. But the program fails to exit as above and subsequent running of the program after a reboot of my PC produces the same disappointing results...

I was looking forward to swift being squawkbox's replacement! Any help would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

Interesting. I had a problem with SWIFT/FS9/WINDOWS7. It installed,but would not start.After going to https://dev.swift-project.org/w/contact/ and registered, they found my problem.

So far so good.

nebojsa