You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM and FS2020

Rob Nabieszko

Rob Nabieszko
Posted
Posted

Certainly the news about a new version of FltSim came out of nowhere for most of us. I am intrigued by the possibilities, but lets avoid talking about the sim specifically.

My question is more to the BoG though I think it sparks an interesting discussion. Has anyone approached FS about building a VATSIM client directly into the simulator?

I know that VATSIM doesn't directly write client software. But given the mainstream reach this software is likely to have, putting the VATSIM name front and centre in the software could lure in users who may not even become aware of VATSIM otherwise...

Of course this is a double edged sword... lots of new users is a good thing, if they are quality members. However, wide publicity could result in trolls disrupting the network more than usual...

At the very least, though, getting the VATSIM name into the software could be a step up. There is still a signup process and verification process, so trolling can't just happen on a whim.

So has anyone approached the developer on behalf of VATSIM? Or should we just avoid this and toil in quiet, undisturbed relative obscurity?

Rob

Rob Nabieszko | VATCAN3

Director of Training, VATCAN

[email protected]

18.png