You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vancouver FIR Present The Iron Man Event - August 11-12

Brandon Van Brunt 939678

Brandon Van Brunt 939678
Posted
Posted

ironmanbigcopybb8.jpg

The Vancouver FIR is pleased to announce its Iron Mic Event on Friday August 11-12. Starting at 1800 Pacific (0100Z) and going for 24 hours straight the vancouver FIR will be constantly manned, never closing. Everyone is welcome to join in on the fun, hope to see many of you there

Brandon Van Brunt

CZVR Events Coordinator

Brandon Van Brunt

VATCAN Director of Human Resources

CZVR Instructor

4608.jpg

Benjamin Caldwell 857129
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all who flew and controlled in this event.

Benjamin Caldwell - C3

Oakland ARTCC - VATUSA

Alan Taylor 825557
Posted
Posted

My thanks to the many pilots who flew in or out of CZVR for this event, we succesfully manned CZVR_CTR for the 24 hours, and approach for almost 19hours, with one tower controller manning his post for the entire 24 hour period, take a bow Dan, now get some sleep.

Also a hearty thank you to the all of the controllers at CZVR who provided the ATC coverage and for being available on such short notice

VATCAN1

Director, VATSIM - Canada Division

Vancouver,B.C. - YVR

825557.jpg

atc1o.png

VATSIM Supervisor

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

It had been a while since I've flown on the network due to other commitments and choices with my free time.

I headed to Vancouver from Calgary in my LDS 767 which I was struggling to remember everything about. Everything about my flight was a blast, the center and approach controllers were great and they even let me fly the Pitt Meadows visual into 26R, which must have been quite entertaining for the controllers to watch on the scope. Tower and Ground were just as professional in getting me on the ground and safely to the gate.

I took off for San Francisco 15 minutes later and had a chance to watch some traffic taking off and landing as I waited my turn at 26L. Departure and Center handled me perfectly and before I knew it they had handed me to Seattle Center as I left CZVR in the dust.

Sounded like a great event for the pilots and the controllers. Thanks for the good times.

Ian Elchitz

Just a guy without any fancy titles

Victor Sussman 911965
Posted
Posted

Hehe, another fan of the published visuals -- awesome!

Yea -- that was definitely a great event.

Victor Sussman, VAC061

Virtual Air Canada

http://www.vacanada.org

Vancouver Crew Base

'Splendor Sine Occasu'

Victor Sussman, CDN115

Canadi>n Airlines Virtual

Toronto Hub

http://www.flycav.com

'There's a Goose on the loose!'

VATCAN P1