You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vpilot cannot detect the simulator p3dv4

Edward Jones

Edward Jones
Posted
Posted

updated to v2.3.2 . running p3dv4 on networked computers. new version works ok on host computer. vpilot will not run on second computer, error message says no supported flight simulators were detected and asks for correct installation of fsx or p3d. Ive read other posts dealing with other sim versions but none dealing with p3d. Could it be the registry? if so how do i point it to the right path or whatever?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You say it works on your host computer, but not your "second computer". Are you running vPilot in a split host/remote mode?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Edward Jones
Posted
Posted

yes sir , the last version worked perfectly on both computers.

Edward Jones
Posted
Posted

wait a minute, i did try to install version 2.2.2 as suggested in another post but that didnt work either

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you're running vPilot in remote mode, it does not require a flight simulator to be installed, so you wouldn't even see that error at all. I'm guessing you aren't actually running it using the remote mode shortcut.

Edward Jones
Posted
Posted

you nailed it, i wasnt running in remote mode from the start menu. its all fixed now. thank you , bless you and yours.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This reminds me, I was planning to make a change so that when you first run vPilot, it asks you if you want to run it in host or remote mode, with or without voice. Then it will remember your choices, and you don't have to run it from the specific shortcut, and if you run it from the installer, it will remember your choice, which would have prevented this confusion in your case. (Obviously I would create a way in the settings area to change your choices later.)

I'll put that on the list for a future update.