You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Major Issue

Benjamin Mamistvalov

Benjamin Mamistvalov
Posted
Posted

I can't hear a thing on the Voice Room, and most of the time it logs "Leaving Voice Room 1" or "Voice Room 2 Failed".

I'm using xSquawkbox and I have the latest version of it and of the standalone client.

I will be really happy to get some help fixing it since I tried everything I could.

Every comment of how to fix it will be appreciated

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Hiya!

It's normal that you get those messages. Voice rooms & servers don't exist anymore, but XSquawkBox doesn't know about that, so it still tries connecting to one. As it can't, then it throws the error.

All voice communications for you should now go through the standalone client only.

Regards,

Me.

Benjamin Mamistvalov
Posted
Posted
Hiya!

It's normal that you get those messages. Voice rooms & servers don't exist anymore, but XSquawkBox doesn't know about that, so it still tries connecting to one. As it can't, then it throws the error.

All voice communications for you should now go through the standalone client only.

Regards,

Yea I know, but I was connecting to online frequencies, LGAV_APP, LGAV_ATIS and LGGG_CTR, they were online but I was getting those messages sometimes and I even asked LGAV_APP to say something over the freq and then he asked me if I heard it, but I didnt hear it, so it a problem with VATSIM.

Benjamin Mamistvalov
Posted
Posted
I can't hear a thing on the Voice Room, and most of the time it logs "Leaving Voice Room 1" or "Voice Room 2 Failed".

I'm using xSquawkbox and I have the latest version of it and of the standalone client.

I will be really happy to get some help fixing it since I tried everything I could.

Every comment of how to fix it will be appreciated

I was connecting to online Voice Rooms and was getting those messages, and I couldnt hear a thing over the Voice Room.

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I use this system.

1. connect with XSB as before.

2. in this case not use Audio options inside XSB, leave them off without any sound device selected.

3. start Standalone app better with Admin rights.

4. set preferencies espec Sound, set that headset here, check sound volume to be in green.

5. Connect. Check all is ok. In other case close with red X Standalone app and start again.

I have Standalone on another NTB and this must be working also if you have all on XP11 PC.

OM-ICO

OM-ICO

Benjamin Mamistvalov
Posted
Posted

OK FIXED, for my particular issue, I was always setting the radio off on the radio buttons in the 737 to disable the default xp11 ATC(ATIS) and to hear only the VATSIM ATC, but seams like now the button switch as well controls the VATSIM ATC radio.

So my suggestion is, leave it on and just twist it all the way to the left to minimize the default xp11 ATC(ATIS).

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

If you have FlyWithLua, add a script called atiskill.dll in Resources\plugins\FlyWithLUA\Scripts which has but one line:

set("sim/atc/atis_enabled", 0.0)

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png