You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MIC problems?

Joshua Chaney 1458910

Joshua Chaney 1458910
Posted
Posted

Mic wont transmitt, when pushing the push to talk button that I have for both, XSB, and audio for vat sim are the same, it goes through but no one can hear me.even the voice bar in the settings moves so I dont know what else to do, any help would be appricated.

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Do you have your microphone selected for the correct radio in your aircraft's audio control panel?

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

Hello,

maybe as adition, I recommend use for test some key not joy button which is also set for XSB. Be sure not asociate key which is used somewhere else (XP, ...). I completelly disable XSB sound settings with no device set for both COMs, only set in standalone app. If your key for transmit will work, basic test p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed ok, this is important. Then you can try investigate with joy button.

OM-ICO

OM-ICO

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Unlike some of the previous clients AFV reads your audio and radio stack in xplane.

In order to communicate with a controller, your aircraft's master power and avionics power must be on. Then, simply tune the controller's frequency in your aircraft's radio panel using either the COM1 or COM2 radio. The radio must also be selected for transmit and receive.

You are looking for the TX/RX lights in the standalone to light up orange to show transmitting.

Cheers

Gary