You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Malformed CSL's cause crash.

Brett Johnson 1244099

Brett Johnson 1244099
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I am dumping all my CSLs in the folder that I have, and anything malformed will crash xplane. Can you simply ignore anything malformed and log it minus the crash?

Also, is there a docomeented XSB version format that you are using so I know what to update on older CSLs that have trouble with xPilot?

Thanks!!!!

Brett

Here's a log snippit:

XP: Loading package: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BB_Airbus/xsb_aircraft.txt

XP: Loading package: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BB_Boeing/xsb_aircraft.txt

XP: Loading package: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BB_GA/xsb_aircraft.txt

XP: Loading package: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BB_Heli/xsb_aircraft.txt

XP: Loading package: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BB_Jets/xsb_aircraft.txt

XP: Loading package: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BB_Leipzig_Air_VA/xsb_aircraft.txt

XP: Loading package: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BB_Props/xsb_aircraft.txt

XP: Loading package: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BB_Repaints/xsb_aircraft.txt

XP: Loading package: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Diamond_DA62/xsb_aircraft.txt

XP: Loading package: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Eclipse 550 NG/xsb_aircraft.txt

XP: Loading package: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/SR20/xsb_aircraft.txt

XP: Loading package: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/TBM900/xsb_aircraft.txt

XP WARNING: P[Mod - Happy Thoughts] Error in file C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Eclipse 550 NG/xsb_aircraft.txt line 2.

OBJ8_AIRCRAFT Aerobask Eclipse 550 NG.

XP WARNING: OBJ8_AIRCRAFT command takes 1 argument.

XP WARNING: P[Mod - Happy Thoughts] Error in file C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Eclipse 550 NG/xsb_aircraft.txt line 19.

OFFSET 0.00 -4.43 1.140775245.

XP Unrecognized CSL command!

XP WARNING: P[Mod - Happy Thoughts] Error in file C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/SR20/xsb_aircraft.txt line 2.

OBJ8_AIRCRAFT VFlyte Cirrus SR20.

XP WARNING: OBJ8_AIRCRAFT command takes 1 argument.

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: xPilot}==--

Michael Wellner
Posted
Posted

For docomeentation of CSL-packages and xsb-aircraft.txt have a look at this docomeent:

https://github.com/kuroneko/libxplanemp/wiki/LegacyCSL

Brett Johnson 1244099
Posted
Posted

Thank you! I have confirmed that xPilot will handle these errors gracefully (sometimes) and not crash, but others will cause a crash. Once you remove the bad CSL from the Resources folder, x-plane will load once again.

Brett