You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

COM1 Radio disconnects Issue

Rune Nilsen 1285365

Rune Nilsen 1285365
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have an issue that the radio COM1 disconnects after some time. This happened after the recent voice update.

I run Vpilot as an Administrator v2.4.0, same happened in v2.3.0, but not before the Vatsim Upgrade.

P3D v4,5with Saitek Radio Panel running with SPAD.next

From the Debug:

[19:12:35.258] Currently transmitting on COM1: none

[19:13:22.835] RadioStackStateChanged

Please help.

Edited by Guest

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What do you mean when you say it is disconnecting?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Rune Nilsen 1285365
Posted
Posted

Hi.

I mean, when connected to a station/atc, the com1 is blue in VPILOT. When it "disconnects" it turns grey, or like when not on a station. Then I am unable to communicate whit the station via voice.

I have tested a lot, and this happens even if a stand on the ground doing nothing just listening to the Station.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Usually the cause of this is your avionics losing power, like if you're sitting on the ramp without the engines running, your battery will die and you'll lose avionics.

Rune Nilsen 1285365
Posted
Posted

Hmm. It also happens mid air. With the engine running. Also, on ground with the engine running.

The radio is turned on.

The Saitek Radio Panel running on Spad.next. They have seen the logs, but all looks good from their side.

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

If your comma drop, double check on the VATSIM server status page to ensure that the voice servers are still ok - there have been occasional drop outs as things have been getting ironed out over the course of this week so may just be this..

Trevor Hannant

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Please post a screenshot of what the vPilot window (including the upper right corner where the radio status is shown) looks like when this happens.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
Hmm. It also happens mid air. With the engine running. Also, on ground with the engine running.

The radio is turned on.

Just a thought, but, are your plane's alternators / generators on too? If not, your battery could still be dying mid-flight, killing power to your avionics. A pilot client that did not check radio power status would mask this procedural error, but perhaps now this more realistic radio simulation is revealing it?

Not ruling out a technical glitch either... just thought it was worth checking.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Rune Nilsen 1285365
Posted
Posted

The radio is turned on.

Just a thought, but, are your plane's alternators / generators on too? If not, your battery could still be dying mid-flight, killing power to your avionics. A pilot client that did not check radio power status would mask this procedural error, but perhaps now this more realistic radio simulation is revealing it?

Not ruling out a technical glitch either... just thought it was worth checking.

Hi.

I am not sure... but I have used this plane in the same way, whitout problems before the Audio for Vatsim Upgrade.

No instruments turns off when the COM1 disables

Plane is Dynamic WT9.

https://www.justflight.com/product/lionheart-creations-aerospool-wt-9-dynamic-for-fsx

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Did you see my requests for a screenshot?

Rune Nilsen 1285365
Posted
Posted
Please post a screenshot of what the vPilot window (including the upper right corner where the radio status is shown) looks like when this happens.

1.Photo Connected at 16:20 and working, can talk and hear.

https://www.jottacloud.com/s/0440e817de07b3543cd8cf5c79faf646786

2.Photo Disconencted mid-air at 16:36. Cannot hear any voice or speak.

https://www.jottacloud.com/s/04403b30f0f5bee46039dcc89ff13d680aa

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

In the second shot, you can see that the TX and RX text are gray. That means that the radio is not enabled for TX or RX. That generally means that the radio is not powered, or has failed.

What aircraft are you using?

Rune Nilsen 1285365
Posted
Posted (edited)
In the second shot, you can see that the TX and RX text are gray. That means that the radio is not enabled for TX or RX. That generally means that the radio is not powered, or has failed.

What aircraft are you using?

Plane is Dynamic WT9. As i wrote above, it worked before the Vatsim Audio Upgrade.

I discovered a new thing now, if i disconnect from Vatsim in VPILOT and reconnect, it says:

Network error: Too many clients connected

SERVER: There are too many users already connected to your chosen server. Please choose another server to connect to VATSIM

I dont know it that is an issue...

Edited by Guest

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It is likely just a coincidence that you started to have issues when the new voice system came out. vPilot has always worked the way I described. If the TX and RX lights are both gray (not white) then the radio is not powered or has failed.

I suggest trying one of the default aircraft and see if it still happens.

Rune Nilsen 1285365
Posted
Posted

I am closer to the issue, thanks to Ross, Trevor and Robert for your time.

If I reload the Aircraft after startup (with the engine on), I do not have this issue. When that is said, I cannot see any difference at the few knobs in the Cockpit when I start the P3D and start the Aircraft manually by my replica home cockpit. So, I believe I have to take it with the Aircraft developer.

But as I mentioned this started to happen after the Voice upgrade of Vatsim. My setup has not been changed at all and I never had this issue with my startup profile in P3D.

Is there someting that has changed regarding this in the new VPilot version?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Did you see my previous reply? Nothing has changed in vPilot regarding detecting if your COM radios are enabled for TX and/or RX. That logic has been stable since version 1.

Have you tried another aircraft?