You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Feature request: Separate audio for selcal and "dings"

Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes
Posted
Posted

I find it stressful to constantly be on voice on vatsim, though I really do enjoy the more professional air of flying on the network. Therefore, I often switch to text only, but the problem is that selcal dings or the ding of vpilot when I get a text message is routed through the headset. I'd like for vpilot to be able to route those dings that announce someone is trying to contact me to my speakers - aka being able to separate those out to a different sound device than what I use to talk.

• Like 1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Those sounds go to your Windows default audio device. The audio device selection that you make in vPilot settings only determines where voice audio goes. So you can change your Windows default device to your speakers and the dings will go there, while voice will still go to your headset.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 1 year later...
Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted
On 10/17/2019 at 12:04 PM, Ross Carlson said:

Those sounds go to your Windows default audio device. The audio device selection that you make in vPilot settings only determines where voice audio goes. So you can change your Windows default device to your speakers and the dings will go there, while voice will still go to your headset.

I know there must be a balance between flexibility and sheer number of options, but I do agree it would be great if it was possible to select notification and voice audio devices separately of default in/out devices.