You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Aircraft lights? All aircraft are dark

Mike Becker 1199239

Mike Becker 1199239
Posted
Posted

I was at the gate last night at KATL - it was fully staffed! I noticed all the VATSIM aircraft were dark. I could see the aircraft, but no lights, so it was like a dark shadow in the shape of a jet. I also could not see anyone land or takeoff - I "hovered" above my gate so I could pan around and see the airport and other traffic.

I saw the aircraft labels - callsigns - but no lights on any aircraft.

Is this a xPilot issue or something with Bluebell or another issue?

Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...
Lukasz Sibon 1272863
Posted
Posted

Hello, I use X-CSL and I think I have the same problem because I can only see the logo light of other aircrafts. Did you find a way to solve the problem?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Just an idea, but, were other animations on these planes working -- flaps and gear, mainly? If not, it's probably that you left another folder in Resources/plugins for an AI traffic or multiplayer network plugin. That would inhibit xPilot's control of those sub-model states. You'd need to remove those folders from Resources/plugins, NOT just disable those plugins from within the X-Plane menu.

Another possibility is that all of those planes' pilots forgot to turn their lights on...

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Lukasz Sibon 1272863
Posted
Posted
Just an idea, but, were other animations on these planes working -- flaps and gear, mainly? If not, it's probably that you left another folder in Resources/plugins for an AI traffic or multiplayer network plugin. That would inhibit xPilot's control of those sub-model states. You'd need to remove those folders from Resources/plugins, NOT just disable those plugins from within the X-Plane menu.

Another possibility is that all of those planes' pilots forgot to turn their lights on...

Thank you very much I deleted live traffic plugin folder and now I can see lights on other planes.