You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Workaround: Lost Connection - Possible cause

Fabio Miguel 1394656

Fabio Miguel 1394656
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone!

First of all, I want to say I know there is a specific topic about this subject, and I have posted my help there. However, I found what might be going on with this issue to me, and since I wasn't able to publish in the topic anymore, I'll post it here, so it might help others.

My ISP uses CGNAT and I already had some issues with it in other games. From what I could understand about it, my ISP gives me an shared public IPv4, not a dynamic one. Because of that, port forwarding is not possible to be made by me in my router. I tried to ask my ISP to open the ports for me, but they said they are not allowed to do that. I already had other problems with it before with other multiplayer games (to play via TCP/IP). After Googling a little, I tried to connect to xPilot through a VPN and xPilot worked like a charm... for a few minutes! Before using the VPN, I wasn't able to connect to voice server at all. I got disconnected about 13 seconds after. After using VPN, I was able to connect for a few minutes, but I'm still getting disconnections.

I have a friend who lives in other city and has the same ISP I do and he has the same issues.

I hope this topic can be useful for those who are getting the same problems and for the dev team too.

Again, sorry for another topic about this. If it's necessary, it can be closed/archived.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Hi Fabio! Thanks for the heads up. It will sure come in handy for someone else in the community

Me.

Fabio Miguel 1394656
Posted
Posted

Is there any chance of VATSIM AFV supports IPv6 connection? Using a VPN is expensive and we don't have a good experience with AFV while using it.