You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XPILOT V1.1.0.5 causes sim to crash

Anthony Butcher 1466976

Anthony Butcher 1466976
Posted
Posted

Didn't have this issue with older iterations of the client. Happened whilst under London_Cntr (fairly busy). The moments leading up to the CTD included major FPS drops. These are the last things from my log.txt:

XPILOT: Plane fully loaded (EZY17DM)

XPILOT: Plane fully loaded (AWC441Y)

XPILOT: Plane fully loaded (SEGLH)

XPILOT: Started async loading (Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BB_Boeing/B717/B717_DAL.obj)

XPILOT: Async loading succeeded (Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BB_Boeing/B717/B717_DAL.obj)

XPILOT: Plane fully loaded (DAL07P)

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: xPilot}==--

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Interesting... can you post the relevant NetworkLog and PluginLog (found in the xPilot application directory)?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Pavel Tikhonov 1161512
Posted
Posted
Interesting... can you post the relevant NetworkLog and PluginLog (found in the xPilot application directory)?

It seems I have the same problem. My log is here https://ufile.io/jvch2yjk

Alex Vann 940304
Posted
Posted

Hello, my Sim also crashed earlier when getting closer to EBBR (airport was congested). Not sure if a coincidence but my FPS also dropped since the last update.

Alex Vann 940304
Posted
Posted
Hello, my Sim also crashed earlier when getting closer to EBBR (airport was congested). Not sure if a coincidence but my FPS also dropped since the last update.

**Update** I uninstalled the latest version and reinstalled the first version and my FPS went back up to 30-40.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

**Update** I uninstalled the latest version and reinstalled the first version and my FPS went back up to 30-40.

Thanks for the report. I hope to have some uninterrupted time this weekend to get this sorted.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Alex Vann 940304
Posted
Posted

Thank you so much for your time and effort, really appreciated

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Great to hear this issue has been identified and that you'll hopefully be able to figure out what's causing it.

I had the same problem tonight reported in another thread.

Richard Åsberg

Filip Nowak
Posted
Posted

Fully agree. Everytime there is a problem with VATSIM servers ... it crashes XPlane 11

Tom Dowd
Posted
Posted

The Xpilot log is located in AppData\Local\xPilot\PluginLogs

heres mine:

[18:45:30.790] >> {"params":{},"surface":"BEACON_LIGHTS_ON","command":"SurfaceUpdate","callsign":"EZY45NT","value":true}

[18:45:31.070] >> {"params":{"lat":44.94107,"lon":1.19504,"heading":304.0,"altitude":19729.0,"bank":0.0,"pitch":2.0},"command":"PositionUpdate","callsign":"AFR1974"}

[18:45:31.275] >> {"params":{"lat":45.88328,"lon":1.28586,"heading":175.0,"altitude":35002.0,"bank":0.0,"pitch":2.0},"command":"PositionUpdate","callsign":"BAW17"}

[18:45:32.455] >> {"params":{},"surface":"STROBE_LIGHTS_ON","command":"SurfaceUpdate","callsign":"BAW5VK","value":false}

[18:45:32.547] >> {"params":{},"surface":"STROBE_LIGHTS_ON","command":"SurfaceUpdate","callsign":"BAW26AV","value":false}

[18:45:33.819] >> {"params":{},"command":"RemoveAllPlanes"}

[18:45:33.819] >> {"params":{},"command":"RemoveAllPlanes"}

I'd bet that the "remove all planes" command is what crashed it