You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cant Hear or Talk with the new Audio App, X-plane11/SQWBox/

Karim Shahwan 1257774

Karim Shahwan 1257774
Posted
Posted

Team, since the new update, I can't hear or send voice... although I can connect and using the application.. any reason why, even ATIS can't be heard.

Andrew Gransden
Posted
Posted

Squawkbox is not compatible with the new AFV voice system. You need to use XSquawkbox and the AFV Standalone app. Alternatives are xPilot or Swift Alpha. See https://audio.vatsim.net/docs/2.0/pilots/xsb

Karim Shahwan 1257774
Posted
Posted

Tried xpilot and used the standalone AVP with no success too

Andrew Gransden
Posted
Posted

I have tested xPilot 1.1.0.5 and for me it works. There is a major issue with the new AFV codec limiting the maximum number of connections so you may need to try one of the least used servers rather than your normal one. If the server limit is full (148 limit each) you will get a connection error. This issue is being investigated.

Ensure that you only have ONE pilot client plugin present in /resources/plugins or disable those you are not using. To install xPilot 1.1.0.5 you must close XP11. Also your aircraft radio system must be switched on and working for AFV audio to work - like a real aircraft.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Karim, you are gonna need to provide some more details about what's not working if you expect help.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Karim Shahwan 1257774
Posted
Posted
Karim, you are gonna need to provide some more details about what's not working if you expect help.

Trying to attach the log file but i can't attach...

Briefly i get connected but no voice at all...

Karim Shahwan 1257774
Posted
Posted

This what I found in log

xPilot: No valid CSL Paths configured, verify Settings > CSL

A_PLUGIN - GL supports anisoptropic filtering.

A_PLUGIN Warning: Can't open the user vertical offsets file: C:\Users/X-Plane/Desktop/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/ResourcesuserVertOffsets.txt

xPilot: Multiplayer planes acquired

one more thing when I tried to instrall >net 4.7.2 it stated that I have a later version