You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC Effect Volume

Luis Ehrt

Luis Ehrt
Posted
Posted

Hello. The new codec is nice.

But my audiosettings in sim make this effects a Little bit unlistn. So i hear only the speak but not the atc effects becouse other Sound in sim are louder.

A slider where i can adjust the atc effect sounds volume would be nice.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

There are lots of places where you can adjust volume -- in your simulator, in your Windows mixer, and in the settings of the Pilot and/or Voice Client.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Luis Ehrt
Posted
Posted

Hello,

that is not the Problem,

i think the voice is to loud in relationship with the effects. ATC Effect are mostly louder then now simulated. I am a real ppl Pilot. I listen atc in Germany every day when i am flying and know that. So that would be nice to improve the atc effect sounds

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

We'll have to agree to disagree them

It is possible that it is because others haven't adjusted their mic volume correctly. From what I've been able to use it since go-live, this has been what I've experienced. While some voices got lost within the effects because of how low they were, others were simply too loud to even keep my headset on.

Me.

• 5 months later...
Luis Ehrt
Posted
Posted

Is there any chance to get a slider where i can adjust the effecct volume?

in 90% of all transmission i dont hear any effect due to the loud or sometime overloaded transmissions...