You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Compatibility (or lack thereof) with WIN32

Fred Shepherd 812089

Fred Shepherd 812089
Posted
Posted

After installing AFV, I tried to open it. The message I received was "AudioForVATSIM.exe is not a valid WIN32 application". Any remedy for this situation? or am I stuck with the old voice platform and relegated to a text only situation going forth?

Any help is appreciated.

Fred Shepherd

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

Hello Fred,

question, what's your exact version of Win OS?

OM-ICO

OM-ICO

Fred Shepherd 812089
Posted
Posted

XP. Also have win 7, but can not open flight sim 9on it because I can't find the code to open it. Not sure who to contact at microsoft to see if there's a way to get around the administrator (code).

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

Hello,

that XP is primary problem, AFV doesn't work on it. You need min Win7 as is clear from OS requirements. Now I really don't know if you will be lucky completelly because also probably FS9 is also not working with AFV. Pls check for sure PDF docomeentation on Topic about AFV introduction, there is link toit. On other side my solution was install .Net 4.8 (automatically install init) and standalone working ok on my NTB with Win7 SP1 x64 but I have XP11 on other PC installed. If I good remember I must went to FSX in that time I was bought PC with Win7 long time ago due FS9 incomaptibility but now I leave Microsoft and run XP11.

Update: check pls swift maybe as only one solution...

(link to Pilot SW Conference): viewforum.php?f=138

OM-ICO

OM-ICO

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Fred,

what do you mean by "cannot find the code"? The installation code to run FS9? [MOD REMOVED]

Edited by Guest

Fred Shepherd 812089
Posted
Posted

I no longer have the registration code or whatever its called to enter when I try to open FS9. So, I continue to use XP rather than the newer (lol) Win 7.