You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot 1.1.0.6 Known Issue: Aircraft Randomly Disappearing

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

There is a known bug in the version 1.1.0.6 which makes aircraft randomly disappear. I am actively looking into the issue and hope to have a solution soon. Please stay tuned...

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Adriaan Buurke
Posted
Posted

Thanks for looking into this! I've been testing xPilot on a couple flights and indeed with 1.1.0.6 there was traffic both at the ground and in the sky visually missing (also not visible on TCAS). I would say 1 in 4 or 5 aircraft are missing at the moment as a guestimate.

In an attempt to provide some diagnostic information: At LOWW there was a B738 taxiing to RW29. He reported reaching the holding point, but I saw him still at a gate, very very slowly gliding latteraly. I reconnected to see if that would fix the issue, but the B738 never reappeared after that. He got his takeoff clearance however and according to voice I could hear he flew the departure. I coincidentally had the same route behind him and my ground speed was higher so I eventually caught up just before Hamburg. During the flight he didn't reappear, and also not on TCAS. Once at hamburg there were other planes landing after me, but I did not see their models visually land in X-plane (11.36R2.

I have the bluebell set configured and after that I also installed the vertical fix file over top. I have a screenshot, but I think the description covers all. Hope it helps!

Happy bughunting and staying tuned, Adriaan.

Johan Olsson
Posted
Posted

Adriaan, I had that issue with 1.1.0.5 but it was fixed by running xpilot as administrator. If you're not give it a try, might work for you as well.

Adriaan Buurke
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the suggestion Johan, indeed I am running xPilot as administrator to make sure it doesn't run into any restrictions.

I must say I really like the clean user interface. The developer in me however would love to see an additional log/tab that would show what planes are being processed and if they are matched/rendered in the Sim. I understand a clean UI is also important so that's a certain balance.

For now, staying tuned and thanks for your time.

Adriaan.