You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Suggestion for future updates

Tommaso Baliani

Tommaso Baliani
Posted
Posted

Hello!

I'm very enthusiastic about Xpilot, it is an outstanding client and makes the flights on VATSIM at the same level of IVAO (only got 40h on VATSIM and 350 on IVAO) and probably better.

I would like to strongly suggest you to add an option that byp[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es the aircraft's communication system.

On some planes I don't have any problem setting up the radio, but on some other planes (freeware and some payware ones) the com system is not very well modeled, so I end up with some aircraft that allows me to receive only, but not to transmit, and on some other aircrafts where I can only transmit vocal but can't receive answer, because the com model is not good sometimes and no matter what you do with the settings.

In order to fly flawlessly on such aircrafts too, it would be cool to add an option that allows you to TX and RX no matter the setting on the aircraft, just like teamspeak 2 for IVAO. It would be less immersive this way, but this might an option to activate just for some problematic airplanes.

Does this sounds like a good Idea?

Bernhard Harb
Posted
Posted

You can do so, just use the dot commands to set the frequency.

Bernhard Harb

VACC Austria Member

Tommaso Baliani
Posted
Posted
You can do so, just use the dot commands to set the frequency.

Damn!!! You are right bro

THANCC

Robert Grant
Posted
Posted

Hi and thanks for a good product.

This is so like the VPilot for P3D I use it makes me very hopeful.

In a future update (read really SOON I hope) can you include the capability to work on a server client setup as does VPilot.

That allows me to run th host VPilot on my main P3D machine and a VPilot slave on my client machine.

Is it possible to do the same thing for XPilot please?

Best regards

Robert

Regards

Rob

P1/P2/P3 /C3/ VATAME1 (retired)

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Network mode will definitely be a future enhancement; however, I have no ETA of when that will be currently.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Robert Grant
Posted
Posted

Thanks Justin. Appreciate the effort.

Regards

Rob

P1/P2/P3 /C3/ VATAME1 (retired)