You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Oversteering transmissions

Florian Schwarzenbach 9825

Posted
Posted

I have been struggling with a very strange issue since the introduction of the new audio codec.

Generally, everything seems perfect but from time to time some transmissions are very loud and have an intensive oversteered screetchy noise.

Is this is a known issue with the new codec or is there anything on my side? I calibrated the volume as mentioned in the guide. The sound is so loud that I have to put away my headset and this is really annoying.

Appreciate any kind of help.

KR

Florian

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Flo,

We have had a report of this happening once or twice but have never managed to pin it down. Has this happened more than once to you?

Cheers

G

Posted
Posted

Oliver,

yes this happens every flight to me. But i would say maybe in 5% of all transmissions.

Thx and regards

Florian

Craig Tucker 1463103
Posted
Posted
Flo,

We have had a report of this happening once or twice but have never managed to pin it down. Has this happened more than once to you?

Cheers

G

You can hear it on this stream from today

(WARNING: LOUD).

If the link doesn't open at the correct point it's around 2:09:23.

It seems like when it happens it's a local issue, you can hear the tower controller respond normally, like he didn't just get his ears blasted. Also when the other pilot reads back the instruction his voice is completely normal again. Very weird issue.

Christoph Schlegelmilch
Posted
Posted

Hello!

Being new to Vatsim I want to take the opportunity to thank all people involved for this experience. My first sim was FS2000 but it was not before last week that I started with online flying. Long story short: I love it.

The sudden increase of the volume is an issue that I have encountered on all of my flights with the new codec. On a two hour sector it happens up to four/five times. And as Craig said, it seems to be a local issue as other controllers and pilots read back the transmitted messages.

Client: vPilot

Simulator: P3D 4.5

Sound/Communication setting: do nothing

Driver: Microsoft default

Headset: Lioncast LX55 (USB)

Hope this helps a bit to isolate the issue. Let me know if you need any more information.

Best,

Christoph

Posted
Posted

hi all,

the issue is occuring while using Vpilot.

Will give SWIFT a shot these days and will report if it will happens again.

KR

Florian

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Mark has a theory on what may be causing this. Standby for updates.