You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[Solved] Login Issue with only xPilot

Jose de Chaby 1191814

Jose de Chaby 1191814
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone, I'm having login issues with xPilot. When I try to login I get an error saying my CID/p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is incorrect. However, I can login just fine with the same username and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word into other VATSIM sites. Just to give you a little more history, I haven't flow on VATSIM in over a year so LAST WEEKEND I reset my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and reactivated my account. I would have figured by know things would have synced across the network. Here are some screenshots of my issue. At this point I'm not sure if it's an xPilot specific issue or a login issue. Any insight on my issue would be truly appreated.

Here are links to my screenshots

http://prntscr.com/plvqfp

http://prntscr.com/plvqnt

Jose de Chaby 1191814
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

I have solved the problem by re installing xPilot onto a Drive that does not use C:\Users\......\AppData.

Thanks

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Most likely a coincidence that it worked after changing the install directory. AFV syncs with the cert database everyday around 1200z.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• 2 weeks later...
Jones Larry 863730
Posted
Posted

Jose,

Did you resolve your problem? I have the identical error when attempting to login with xPilot beta.

Larry

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Larry, are you 100% certain that if your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word has any capital letters in it, you're capitalizing properly? Also, are you 100% sure you are entering (not copying and pasting!) your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word correctly? Sometimes, when copying in Windows (maybe other OSs too but I don't know) an extra space character is copied and of course you can't see that when pasting your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. If in doubt, suggest completely clearing out your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word field and very carefully typing in your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, using care to ensure any required capital letters are capitalized.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Jones Larry 863730
Posted
Posted

Hello Don,

The P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is all numbers so hard to mess that up with capital letters. Also I've tried Cntl+V and typing manually. I'm certainly I don't have any font characters or spaces.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Did you recently reactive your account?

Jones Larry 863730
Posted
Posted

Justin

I'm not aware that I asked for a reactivation except for the one I requested several months ago. Several days have p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed since I installed xPilot and started receiving the "Network error: Invalid CID/p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word" I can loginto Vatsim.net using the credentials I used in xPilot.

In C:\Users\lj\AppData\Local\xPilot, I found a folder NetowrkLogs:

In that folder was a recent file dated about the same time as my most recent attempt to "connect" which is apparently a log? It read:

[18:39:35.887] <<< $DISERVER:CLIENT:VATSIM FSD V3.13:c34f386578ee6b

[18:39:35.891] >>> $IDN172SP:SERVER:d8f2:xPilot:1:1: 863730:-18573023:6dfd6457

[18:39:35.891] >>> #APN172SP:SERVER: 863730:XXXXXX:1:100:6:Larry Jay KMSO

[18:39:35.892] >>> $CQN172SP:SERVER:IP

[18:39:35.893] >>> @S:N172SP:1200:1:47.1407356:-119.2370377:1208:0:4282387444:-144

[18:39:35.982] <<< $ERserver:unknown:006: 863730:Invalid CID/p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word

Does this help any?

Larry

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Not sure it’ll make a difference but have you tried connecting to a different network server?

Jones Larry 863730
Posted
Posted

Justin:

I tried all the servers one after another after selecting one in Settings and Apply -OK- and then Connect. All return the same bothersome "Invalid CID/P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word".

Are the credentials I use to login to this vatsim forum the same as I should be using to login and connect using xPilot?

Larry

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Yes, they should be the same. Can you connect to the network successfully using another pilot client or controller client?

Jones Larry 863730
Posted
Posted

xSquawkBox allows me to connect and disconnect. I haven't worked my way through Swift yet. It seems somewhat complicated. Frankly, I prefer xPilot's user interface over swift and xSquawkBox so if I can get xPilot running, I'll be happy.

Larry

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Looking more closely at the logs you provided, it looks like there’s an extra space in front of your CID. Make sure there are no spaces and try again.

Jones Larry 863730
Posted
Posted

Your eyes are sharper than my 77 year old eyes. That was the problem and I have been connected to the network.

BTW to keep idiots like me from doing this, does your language have a trim feature where you can knock off any extraneous spaces font characters at the beginning and end of the CID after the CID has been entered.

Thank you Larry

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Actually, that's an interesting idea - for all clients - to ignore any space characters in both the CID and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word fields....

Don Desfosse

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
Actually, that's an interesting idea - for all clients - to ignore any space characters in both the CID and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word fields....

... at the very least, on the leading and trailing edges.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Jones Larry 863730
Posted
Posted

And the rest of the story! Turned out that my LastP[Mod - Happy Thoughts] entry for vatsim also contained the errant leading space. I never noticed that because I was able to login to vatsim from LP without error. So I think the login routine at vatsim.net must be removing extraneous leading (and trailing?) characters?

Anyway, what a beautiful improvement over Xsquawkbox! Thank you Justin.

Larry

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Larry, I'm so glad you were able to figure it out and are online with no issues! Fantastic!

Don Desfosse