You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[RESOLVED] Error message when tuning to frequency

Yuval Glikman 1437950

Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi! When I try to tune a freq in I get a text message saying "Voice Room 2 Failed"

I am using XsquakboX and Xplane 11

Thank you for your help

Edited by Guest

Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

Now there's a new problem, I sat in Sydney with the Zibo 737 and I tuned the radio panel to 124.400 (SY_APP) when I tried using voice the controller didn't hear me but he did receive my text messages so text works but not voice.

What should I do I really want to use the new Vatsim audio.

Thank you

Yuval

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

Hello,

hope I'm not wrong but IGNORE this message (Voice Room failed). I'm missing info, you have some problem with voice generally?

Update: ok meanwhile you've post new infos. Pls be kind tell us what AFV Client (also exact version) you have because only info about XSB and XP11 I see.

OM-ICO

OM-ICO

Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

Uh, sorry but I don't really know a lot about all those audio thingi's for vatsim so I don't really know what information to search for.

Thank you for replying

Yuval

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

Hello,

in PDF https://vatsim-afv.s3.amazonaws.com/AFV%20User%20Guide.pdf you can find cfg and setting options for each of Clients. Is your Client like xPilot, Swift or AFV Standalone Client? I ask because your post simply doesn't have info what this Client you're use.

OM-ICO

OM-ICO

Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry but I just have no idea what's a client. Until now I just used XsquakboX to connect to Vatsim and everything worked perfectly.

Thank you for helping and sorry for me not helping.

Logan Waldman
Posted
Posted

Hi Yuval,

To me it seems that you don't have the new standalone client installed, which is required to use the new audio system with xSquawkbox. Just to be sure, if you visit the Audio for Vatsim resource center vats.im/audio and click "Update my client". You should then see a list of different programs used to connect to vatsim. If you select "xSquawkbox", you should then see the steps required in order to successfully install the new updates. Note: for the time being, this does mean that you will need to run the "AudioForVatsim" program separately every time you wish to connect to the network. If that doesn't work, or you have any other questions, feel free to reach out.

NYARTCC Community Manager

spacer.png

Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

Yay it worked thank you all very much!