You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot beta update 1.1.0.7 now available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.1.0.7 of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client.

The following items were fixed in this version:

• Completely rewritten aircraft interpolation code. This should help to address the issue of aircraft randomly disappearing or freezing
  • Fix issue that caused an unhandled exception upon the voice server disconnect.

It is important that you close X-Plane before installing the update, otherwise the X-Plane plugin cannot be properly updated.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Filip Nowak
Posted
Posted

Today it was amazing listening on VATSIM on EGKK, when controllers asked to line up after departuring plane and pilots were telling "I don't see anybody departuring"...

Controller : "X-Plane and xPilot?"

Pilots : "Yes"...

That was on 1.1.0.6... And I was also one of those people ...

We'll see how 1.1.0.7 will deal with it tomorrow

Maximiliano Fallico
Posted
Posted

i think mainly the problem is if you are using xCLS, wont match any model and/or won´t show any object....

BBell, is really limited and often the airplanes apears to be burried or not shown at all

I mannage to get the b738/MD80Series/A320 working (with all the "animations") but wont load the correct livery texture (wont show B738w/A320w) if you tweak the xsl_airplane it might show some textures or the next texture in line.....

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Successful test of 1.1.0.7 tonight. Flew in and around KATL where there were 20-ish other planes moving around. No crash-to-desktop. No unhandled exceptions. A few reception problems seemed like they might be normal radio-range-simulation issues. One controller's audio was stuttering badly but all others sounded fine; I'm tempted to believe the problem was on his end. Voice servers crashed at around 0145z but obviously that's not xPilot's fault. Watched some arrivals into KATL at the end of the flight (which was around 2 hours) and traffic seemed to be where it was supposed to be, when it was supposed to be there. Matching seemed okay although I wasn't looking at that in super detail. I noticed landing flaps set on one arriving 777 but wasn't paying too much attention to those things either. Main gear trucks on the 777 didn't rotate into level position upon touchdown -- that was about the only thing I noticed. But I'm not a super-stickler for small stuff like that as long as I can see other traffic and have a vague idea what they're supposed to be.

-- if you want to have a look.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png