You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Notification when AFV standalone disconnected

Philip Harris

Philip Harris
Posted
Posted

I got disconnected multiple times this evening (everyone did) which is fine. Teething problems. However the notification that voice was disconnected isn't obvious enough. Can it flash, make a noise? Something more?

Ben Stevenson
Posted
Posted

Does it even do anything at all when it disconnects? I'd love a sound or something, or even the option to keep it on top. I often run two Euroscope screens on two monitors so my AFV standalone gets pushed to the background. When it disconnects i don't notice it until i start calling pilots and get no response, it's the first thing i check. If it were able to stay on top or had a sound when disconnecting, that would be much better.

0.png

Ben Stevenson

Chief Instructor

Toronto FIR (CZYZ)

torontofir.ca

CZYZ-logo-black.png

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

Hello,

standalone app can be keeping on top without problems, click that arrow button to set it on top or background. Yes, I agree with some sound notification in case of disconnect.

OM-ICO

OM-ICO

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Even better would be auto reconnect, at least one or two tries.

Philip Harris
Posted
Posted
Hello,

standalone app can be keeping on top without problems, click that arrow button to set it on top or background. Yes, I agree with some sound notification in case of disconnect.

OM-ICO

Oh yeah for sure. It was just way off on other screen.

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

It should play a 'bong' noise through your default sound device (a which bodge I put in before launch)...

However auto reconnect is on our list of things to add to a future update anyway to work around the issue.