You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Remove all other clients when using xPilot to get CSL's work

Daniel Mckee

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

After quite some experimentation with the various Pilot clients now proliferating flight simulation I have found, in my case anyway, that it is not enough to just disable a plug in. To see all aircraft correctly on the ground and with undercarriage I had to completely remove all other clients from my xPilot drive. All I actually did was cut and paste the folders to another drive.

Maximiliano Fallico
Posted
Posted

are you using xCLS or BBell...?

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

Hello Daniel,

yes, this is general rule. Removing some plugins physically is only way for correct functionality, is clear from experience that only disabling isn't enough.

OM-ICO

OM-ICO

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

In swift I had users who deactivated other Plugins with the help of an addon program (and not just within X-Plane!) and it worked. Undoubtedly, removing plugins from the plugins-directory is the safest option.

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Hi Maximillano, I experimented with BB only because I wanted to keep my parameters simple but I would expect my results would be the same with X-CSL's.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

This step is the very first thing covered in the official YouTube xPilot setup guide... just sayin'. LOL

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

You are asking for too much, Rob!! Why should ANYONE read ANY manuals, installation guides or even watch a tutorial video. Everything has to work like an iPhone: click&go.