You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No ATIS

David Cross

David Cross
Posted
Posted

Just updated to current BETA. 1.1.1.0. It might not be the software, it might just be the AFV Server. But I and others are not able to hear ATIS. Regardless if it's stock XP or Broadcast from a controller . All of XP's ATIS are cut off. The only way to get weather is to look at what ever weather injector your using. So I don't know if there is more than one issue or not.

* No ATIS/AWOS ( Stocl- XP )

* No ctl'er broadcast atis either.

All other voice seems to be working fine.

Growing pains : )

Dave.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

xPilot disables the stock X-Plane ATIS to avoid conflicts with controller ATIS’s. You will have to either get your METAR using the .metar/.wx command in xPilot or through another channel.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

David Cross
Posted
Posted

Good to know. Although just to confirm. the ctl Broadcast was not working either today.

KBOS GND CTL was online and he had put up controller ATIS’s . No one was able to hear it, even though it did show up in the drop down ATIS List. I had checked to make sure all coms were not muted and asked another Pilot if he could hear it, which he could not.

Thanks.

Dave.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Good to know. Although just to confirm. the ctl Broadcast was not working either today.

KBOS GND CTL was online and he had put up controller ATIS’s . No one was able to hear it, even though it did show up in the drop down ATIS List. I had checked to make sure all coms were not muted and asked another Pilot if he could hear it, which he could not.

Thanks.

Dave.

Then that was an issue on the controllers end.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Wayne Gary
Posted
Posted

Justin, I think Zibo stills broadcast x-Plain ATIS on top of VATSIM. What a mess.

Ondrej Svoren 942745
Posted
Posted
Justin, I think Zibo stills broadcast x-Plain ATIS on top of VATSIM. What a mess.

Does not do that for me; but in zibo you can use ACARS (or EFB - tablet) to get atleast metar.