You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot beta update 1.1.1.1 now available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.1.1.1 of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client.

The following items were added or fixed in this version:

• Added TCAS functionality to plugin
  • Fix issue that can cause an unhandled exception when connecting to voice server if network credentials are incorrect
  • Remove character casing restriction on flight plan remarks field
  • Tweak .msg/.chat commands to accept an initial message string
  • Save flight plan if fetched from server
  • Fix issue that prevented SELCAL code from being saved in the recent connection history

It is important that you close X-Plane before installing the update, otherwise the X-Plane plugin cannot be properly updated.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Adriaan Buurke
Posted
Posted

That's a wonderful changelist, many thanks for this latest update!

I intend to make a test flight in a (busier) region and check out the traffic visually and on TCAS.

Just to confirm, is it recommended to leave AI traffic at 0? Or is it overruled and is the setting not important?

And in my view is seems a lot of the core functionality is working now, are there any main things you still wish to implement?

Cheers!

Joachim Clemens
Posted
Posted

(deleted)

Wrong topic, sorry :\

But thank you very much for the frequent updates! I can confirm that the vertical placement of the planes has greatly been improved and looks very nice now. I hadn't time to check the other improvements.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
That's a wonderful changelist, many thanks for this latest update!

I intend to make a test flight in a (busier) region and check out the traffic visually and on TCAS.

Just to confirm, is it recommended to leave AI traffic at 0? Or is it overruled and is the setting not important?

And in my view is seems a lot of the core functionality is working now, are there any main things you still wish to implement?

Cheers!

xPilot will take ownership of the AI traffic so there's no need to do anything with the settings.

The next big feature I am going to implement is the ability to run xPilot over a network.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Wayne Gary
Posted
Posted

Hope TCAS is working now. I actually had a mid-air when I descended on top of an aircraft that I couldn't see because it was below me. Flight Factor 763 was unforgiving.

Thanks for all of your had work.

wayne

Ondrej Svoren 942745
Posted
Posted (edited)

TCAS is still not working... just tested with Zibo on gatwick.

Scratch that, my bad, it is working. Collision with XSB from yesterday's TCAS tests; XSB removed and xpilot works

Edited by Guest

Wayne Gary
Posted
Posted

TCAS is working with my flight factor 763 but I'm not sure what the range is. The farthest aircraft I've seen was less that 20 miles out.

Wayne Gary
Posted
Posted

Zibo, did you have it working with anything else like xSQBox? With xSQBox you had to turn it on and have the range set at 40 miles or less, I have xPilot TCAS working with FF763. My range was set at 40 miles but the farthest aircraft was less than 20 miles away. I'm not sure what the maximum range for xPilot is. I hope someone will jump in here and tell us.

Ondrej Svoren 942745
Posted
Posted
TCAS is working with my flight factor 763 but I'm not sure what the range is. The farthest aircraft I've seen was less that 20 miles out.

in x-plane: plugins -> xPilot -> settings and set your range to above 25nm

Wayne Gary
Posted
Posted

That's for CSL. I asked before if that was also for TCAS and never got a reply. Anyway, i've had mine set at 40 since day 1. But I didn't know that TCAS wasn't supported until support was announced today. As I said, the only aircraft I have been able to check have been within 20 miles. So, the jury is still out.

Adriaan Buurke
Posted
Posted

Had a flight last night on version 1.1.1.1, EHAM to EGPH. Lot's of ATC and traffic along the way. I can report that the audio quality, displayed models and TCAS were all working well, so excellent work!

The only minor thing I have noticed on my two display setup: After a voice transmission of my own, right after I release the push to talk key (Left ALT), X-plane some freezes up for 2/3 seconds or until the xPilot client gets focus again by clicking on it/bringing it to foreground. I run X-plane in windowed mode and xPilot on the second monitor.

Joachim Clemens
Posted
Posted

I just finished the CTP event with xPilot. The program was very stable, TCAS was working as expected, and the other aircraft were displayed correctly. You did a very good job!

However, I've two suggestions for improvement:

• I missed a few private messages because I haven't see the new tab and the announcement wasn't prominent enough. My suggestion would be to play a distinctive sound and also print a message in the main windows (as well as in the simulator, when the "show incoming messages in simulator" option is checked).
  • I wasn't able to set my [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned SELCAL id, which was AG-FA. xPilot correctly reported that this is not a valid SELCAL id, but it would be nice if one could override/ignore the check in such cases (e.g., by providing a "connect anyway" button or similar).

Again, thank you very much for the nice tool!