You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Configuring swift models in a remote SimConnect installation

Russell Diehl

Russell Diehl
Posted
Posted

I am hoping I can glean some useful information about setting up a swift model set when configured on a remote computer connected to FSX via remote SimConnect as per these instructions.

I have successfully configured the remote setup to recognise FSX on the remote computer however I am lost as to the best way to create the matching data set swift insists upon on the remote computer. Can swift read shared model aircraft folders or is there some other way to get a viable dataset created and made available to the remote swift gui. It has already been established swift can not be installed on the FSX computer as it is running Vista x64.

I would appreciate some insight if others have managed to set this up successfully.

Rusty

Russell Diehl - 1104622

VATPAC VFR Coordinator

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi ho Rusty,

feedback for you from our Discord server, directly from one of the developers!

@Andreas Fuchs

If you setup FSX / P3D for a remote connection, and you run swift on an another computer it would work like this

- Computer F, FSX runs here

- Computer S, swift runs here, you set a simConnect conenction to F plus a shared drive to F, where the models reside.

Then you set the model directory in swift to that UNC path, and all should work like with local paths

Further questions about this can be answered in the support Discord channel https://discord.gg/Z3DXPEg

Russell Diehl
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the heads up. I am not a fan of Discord, as such it was unlikely I would have ever come across the information. The info was kind of what I had in mind. It is nice to have it confirmed none the less.

I now look forward to the challenge to setting this up on another VATSIM member's machine using a remote connection.

Russell Diehl - 1104622

VATPAC VFR Coordinator