You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I can't connect to Vatsim voice

Holly Watling 1439786

Holly Watling 1439786
Posted
Posted

When I connect through Squawkbox everything is fine.

Using the vatsim audio client it also logs in perfectly however when I go to transmit on frequency it doesn't register my com1 or 2 frequencies and the controllers can't hear me.

I can communicate over text just fine but would love to be able to use voice. Even weirder is that when I first downloaded the new voice client I was able to transmit over voice just fine.

Any thoughts?

Sim: X Plane 11

Matt Mamuzich
Posted
Posted

When calibrating/setting up your mic and ptt are using the in-game xsb plugin to calibrate, and the xsb-standalone as well?

Not sure if that would do anything, but I have been doing both. Also does the xsb-standalone show youre mic 'in the green' when checking it?

Holly Watling 1439786
Posted
Posted

That could be it!

Let me try and let you know asap.

Holly Watling 1439786
Posted
Posted

Didn't work.

Mic works and everything but in the voice client it doesn't show that I'm connected to coms.

Matt Mamuzich
Posted
Posted

What aircraft are you using? Have you tried other planes as well?

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Hi Holly,

Which aircraft are you using?

The AFV standalone client (and xPilot) both require that your aircraft's avionics are powered on and the audio control panel set correctly- ensure that on your aircraft's radio panel VHF 1 is selected to receive, the volume knob turned up and the mic selector selected.

Unfortunately some X-Plane developers have chosen to use non-standard (or non-existent) datarefs for their radio system states which means the client cannot read the radio status/whether the radio has power applied to it.

I believe Flight Factor are amongst the developers using non-standard datarefs, as are JARDesign though I understand they are working on (or may have already released) updates for their products to enable the clients to read this information.

Vice President, Pilot Training

Matt Mamuzich
Posted
Posted

You could also try the commands if youre using xsquawkbox to see if that does anything. Changing com1 by typing //123.450

or com2 ///122.800

Memnun Bico 1468580
Posted
Posted

I'm new on this network and installed xPilot properly.

Unfortunately the audio connection fails, it says "request timed-out"

I'm running the Toliss A319, both VHF Panels are on, ID and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is double checked, the audio configuration as well.

Thanks for help in advance

Holly Watling 1439786
Posted
Posted

Thank you Simon! It was the flight factor aircraft I was using.

Changed back to the 737 Zibo and all working fine.

I wonder when they will get it fixed. I miss the larger jets!

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Holly, the newest version of xPilot now has commands that will force the radios into the proper state regardless of which add-on you use. I'm not sure whether xPilot is the client you use or not, but, you might give it a try.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png