You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I can't hear anybody in AFV + I can't tune frequencies

John Smith

John Smith
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok, so I'm using X pilot and tuning to frequencies seems to work when I click it on the Xpilot menu however, I cannot tune to frequencies anymore from the cockpit in the Zibo 737 like I could normally do beforehand. I seem to be switching frequencies according to Xpilot but it's not actually putting me into those frequencies until I click on it in Xpilot. Furthermore when I get on a frequency I can't seem to hear any voice communication.

I am unsure as to what is going on as there is no error message and the only progress I've made is changing my output to standard speakers then changing it back seemed to briefly enable me to hear things but the second I left the settings menu I couldn't hear the communications anymore.

Edited by Guest

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

You mention that switching from speaker to headset device briefly allows you to hear audio; if you leave it as your speaker device, can you hear audio?

What headset device are you using? Some users have had success after updating their audio device drivers: viewtopic.php?p=538528#p538528

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

John Smith
Posted
Posted

No, Unfortunately switching it to speakers didn't help and when updating it says the best audio driver is already installed so I'm using the latest version

• 2 weeks later...
John Smith
Posted
Posted
No, Unfortunately switching it to speakers didn't help and when updating it says the best audio driver is already installed so I'm using the latest version

Ok update, Apparently switching to speakers IS working now. I don't know what I did last time to make it not work but it works fine now