You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Version 1.1.2.0 still blocks ATIS

Maximilian Claus 1457258

Maximilian Claus 1457258
Posted
Posted

Although this issue should be fixed, version 1.1.2.0 blocks the ATIS function of other multiplayer clients even if it is not connected to the VATSIM network. I test with LiveTraffic and this reports immediately after launching X-Plane that it can not control the AI planes. If I deactivate the xPilot plugin, I can activate the TCAS function in the LiveTraffic menu.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

ATIS and AI planes are two completely different things. Only one plugin can control AI aircraft at a time. If you can deactivate xPilot and your other plugin can re-acquire AI aircraft control, then I’m not sure what the issue is here?

If you’re still having issues with the stock ATIS being disabled even if xPilot isn’t connected to the network, then either you did t update xPilot properly (by closing X-Plane first) or another plugin is disabling it or I missed something in the code. In your X-Plane log.txt, look for an xPilot plugin version and let me know what version you see.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Maximilian Claus 1457258
Posted
Posted
Stock ATIS is now only disabled when xPilot is connected to the network. When xPilot is disconnected, the stock ATIS is enabled again

This phrase from your announcement of the update made me expect more. I hoped the xPilot plugin remains p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive until the connection to the VATSIM network is established, allowing other plugins to gain control of the AI planes.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Stock ATIS is now only disabled when xPilot is connected to the network. When xPilot is disconnected, the stock ATIS is enabled again

This phrase from your announcement of the update made me expect more. I hoped the xPilot plugin remains p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive until the connection to the VATSIM network is established, allowing other plugins to gain control of the AI planes.

The ATIS control has nothing to do with AI control; it’s whichever plugin X-Plane loads first. Typically, it’s by alphabetical order of the plugin name, but no guarantees.

Can you answer the questions I asked in my reply? Otherwise, I can’t do anything to help you.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

ATIS and AI planes are not at all the same thing. Not even close. One is a recording which gives information about weather conditions and runways in use at a given airport. The other is, well, airplanes moving around on your screen. Not sure why you felt one also meant the other.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Maximilian Claus 1457258
Posted
Posted

Again from the beginning, everything before was misunderstanding on my part.

It's not a real bug, it's the ugly behavior of xPilot. A behavior that has in common with all other multiplayer plugins.

xPilot takes control of the 19 possible aircraft immediately after initialization. Presumably because it immediately calls the function XPLMAcquirePlanes. This is impractical because it forces me in 90 percent of all X-Plane uses to disable xPilot manually to experience LifeTraffic. Is it perhaps possible to call the function XPLMAcquirePlanes not immediately but only after the establishment of the VATSIM connection?