You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model Matching (Default Model)?

Chuck Dreier 828198

Chuck Dreier 828198
Posted
Posted

New installation of vPilot in P3D v4.5 hf2. In initial setup, I cannot choose any aircraft as a default. In "Advanced" I see SimObjects\Airplanes 197 models with 105 identified. Next is Ultimate Traffic with 1072 models and 841 identified.

But I can't seem to choose anything to place in the Default Model pane. It shows the Bombardier CRJ 700 as the default but when I click I get the message at the model is not found! Nothing else "takes". I'm sure it's simple but I'm having trouble figuring this out.

Thanks!

Chuck Dreier 828198
Posted
Posted

Please disregard. I found the answer down on page 3 about how to fix the problem. SOLVED.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Chuck, can you let me know what you ended up using for the default model? The Bombardier CRJ 700 usually works fine since that's a default model that comes with P3D. Did they remove it from 4.5 HF2?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Chuck Dreier 828198
Posted
Posted

I had to insert a very specific aircraft. In this case I copied the title line from the specific aircraft I was going to be flying. The aircraft was the PMDG 737-800w. This is how I have my title set: title=B737-832 N389DA. That worked when inserted. I still have no idea as to the how or why of it, but I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume I'll need to do this for each aircraft I'll be flying on VATSIM.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No, that's not right at all. The default model is the model that will be used to represent other aircraft that you encounter while flying online, if a more suitable model match is not found. It does not have anything to do with the aircraft that YOU are flying. And you definitely do not want to use a complex model like the PMDG, because it will put too much load on the sim and you'll have a frame rate loss, especially if there are several aircraft in range that don't have a suitable model match and end up rendering as the PMDG model.

Is the Bombardier CRJ 700 still present in your installation of P3D?

Chuck Dreier 828198
Posted
Posted

No, it's not there, but there is a C-130. The "title=Lockheed Martin AC-130H - USAF" works. It does seem strange there is no Bombardier in p3D v4.5 and actually not a lot of other aircraft (relatively speaking) either. I wonder if that could have anything to do with having UTLive installed?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Maybe ... though I don't know why installing UTLive would delete default aircraft.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Lockheed Martin is really strange. I know the CRJ was there when I installed my v4.4.

But according to their website (https://www.prepar3d.com/vehicles), the CRJ doesn't come with P3D, and supposedly never did? Either that or I haven't found (and I've been looking) a list of included nonflyable AI....

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations