You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't hear ATC or other pilots

Max Foos

Max Foos
Posted
Posted

So I tryed to fix this problem for 4 hours now and I can't do it.

Here's the problem: I can transmit and the atc told me via chat he can read me 5. But I cannot hear him. In the program I can see I am receiving hin but my audio just gets turned down and no audio is played...

I'm hoping to get help fast...

best regards

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Max, it'd be greatly helpful (especially if you want a quick reply!) to tell us which simulator you're using, which Pilot Client app you're using, which default or add-on aircraft you're using, and what troubleshooting steps you've already tried.

The most common issue from what you're describing is the audio panel in the aircraft may not be configured correctly. The new system is very much more sensitive to the state of the simulated aircraft panel. That means all proper mic selections and audio output selections IN THE PRETEND AIRPLANE have to be dialed as they would in the real thing. An excellent troubleshooting step would be to boot up in the simplest default plane your simulator has, power it up and ensure the radios are on, and try it again to see if the results are different.

Try that and report back if you still need help -- but include the above info, please.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Tim De 1469333
Posted
Posted

I'm having the same problem and tried the suggested solution to no avail Radios dialed, channel text working using Vpilot = Bummer I said something about 24 hrs waiting for full functionality. Fingers crossed. I'll post back if that was the solution.

Tim De 1469333
Posted
Posted

Run VPilot as Administrator after waiting 24 hours max for everything to go through on Vatsims end.

Max Foos
Posted
Posted

So it just works now. I don't know why or how but I guess it was something with the Installer since I uninstalled it and reinstalled it...

Thanks anyways!