You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[RESOLVED} Monitoring in VRC

Roger Curtiss

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

Logged on to network as an observer. I saw that the position DEN_TWR was active and I wanted to monitor. I was not on an active frequency myself.

I opened AFV and clicked the plus sign to open another channel. I typed DEN_TWR into the "callsign box and clicked the check mark. The box displayed "not found" and I did not get the prompt to enter a frequency for the TWR so I could not monitor.

It looks like I was following the manual instructions so...what am I missing?

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted
Logged on to network as an observer. I saw that the position DEN_TWR was active and I wanted to monitor. I was not on an active frequency myself.

I opened AFV and clicked the plus sign to open another channel. I typed DEN_TWR into the "callsign box and clicked the check mark. The box displayed "not found" and I did not get the prompt to enter a frequency for the TWR so I could not monitor.

It looks like I was following the manual instructions so...what am I missing?

If the position isn’t explicitly defined in the AFV database, you may need to use the ICAO ID for the airport. Thus, if DEN_TWR doesn’t work, try KDEN_TWR.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

Thank you.

That seems to have done the trick.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops