You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FF A320 X-Plane unable to transmit voice coms only receives

Sergio Alves 1420529

Sergio Alves 1420529
Posted
Posted

Like the title describes it, I'm unable to send any voice communication, on any frequency, when I fly with the Flight Factor A320 for x-plane, however I can receive, I can ear voice coms on the same frequency.

Can anyone help? Maybe I'm not setting radio knobs and buttons accordingly, missing something there.

If I fly with the ToLiss A319, Zibo 738, or others, I have no problems at all.

Thank you.

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

VHF1 on COM panel activated?

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

Sergio Alves 1420529
Posted
Posted
VHF1 on COM panel activated?

Yes it is.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

What I'm pretty sure is going on is that Flight Factor doesn't use the correct/standard internal variable names ("datarefs") for describing their radio state, so AFV cannot "see" their state and acts as though they are turned off or turned down. The old voice system was not as rigorously coded so you could often use VATSIM voice even if your aircraft was powered down.

I'm not sure which pilot client you use, but, the latest version of xPilot has dot-commands you can use to override the radio state (.tx com1 on, .rx com1 on) that should make the Flight Factor usable on VATSIM with the new voice system.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Sergio Alves 1420529
Posted
Posted
What I'm pretty sure is going on is that Flight Factor doesn't use the correct/standard internal variable names ("datarefs") for describing their radio state, so AFV cannot "see" their state and acts as though they are turned off or turned down. The old voice system was not as rigorously coded so you could often use VATSIM voice even if your aircraft was powered down.

I'm not sure which pilot client you use, but, the latest version of xPilot has dot-commands you can use to override the radio state (.tx com1 on, .rx com1 on) that should make the Flight Factor usable on VATSIM with the new voice system.

Thank you for the tip!I didn't know about those overrides in xPilot. I only need tthe one to transmit, Like I said I can receive with no problem. I'll give it a try.

Thanks again!