You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Finding/obtaining Pilot Briefing for xxxx airport

Orjan Polman

Orjan Polman
Posted
Posted

Hello all.

As I am still relatively new on Vatsim and the online flying part, I have run into some snags....

The other day I did a flight from EHAM to EIDW.

Before the flight I tried to find the pilot briefing for EIDW by going to their vACC site, but I was not able to locate it.

I really want to do the procedures correct the first time, to avoid creating trouble for contollers and other pilots.

I have also searched other vACC's for a pilot briefing without finding it, so it's not just EIDW.

Is there a place where these briefings usually reside, or do some vACC's simply not have them?

Just curious

Cheers,

Orjan.

Regards

Orjan Polman

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Hi Orjan,

As you suspect - some vACCs provide more information than others.

If there is no specific information on the vACC website, the textual data (AOI pages in Lido format charts or whatever the Jeppesen equivalent is - 10-1 pages? - in your charts) will normally have details of any preferential runway usage and other local traffic regulations and is well worth a read before visiting a new destination!

Vice President, Pilot Training

Orjan Polman
Posted
Posted

Hi Simon.

Thank you for replying

I have Navigraph with their Jeppesen format, and they are indeed the 10-1 pages.

Then I will just have a read through those pages, and use that as a base if no other info is available.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Regards

Orjan Polman